PDA

View Full Version : NC personal property tax

MarkP
09-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Iíve been trying to talk my wife into moving South for a while now. Looks like I may be making some headway. I think NC is my first choice and recently heard about a personal property tax and wondered if anyone could shed some light on it.

TMCNo1
09-06-2006, 12:08 PM
What do you need to know? Maybe I can help. PM me your phone # and I'll call you.

bcampbe7
09-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Oh, I see how it is!
I show you a nice big house for sale in my subdivision with 5 acres and you want to go to NC??? :D

TN has no State income tax either...;)

MarkP
09-06-2006, 12:10 PM
What do you need to know? Maybe I can help. PM me your phone # and I'll call you.http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/images/icons/icon14.gif

Monte
09-06-2006, 12:22 PM
NC is a nice choice, what part? as far as the taxes go on personnal property, the tax is administered by the county you live in and based on the value the county deems; however, those values can be disputed.:D (they say its worth X you tell them it's worth Y, if Y within reason they'll accept Y.) Property taxes are only charged for for titled and deeded property. ie.. cars, boats, and real estate. Hope that helps:confused:

MarkP
09-06-2006, 01:13 PM
NC is a nice choice, what part? as far as the taxes go on personnal property, the tax is administered by the county you live in and based on the value the county deems; however, those values can be disputed.:D (they say its worth X you tell them it's worth Y, if Y within reason they'll accept Y.) Property taxes are only charged for for titled and deeded property. ie.. cars, boats, and real estate. Hope that helps:confused:
Thanks it does help. Sounds reasonable enough. Iíd like to be in the Charlotte area so that my wife can work and I can keep my same job.;) .

MarkP
09-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Oh, I see how it is!
I show you a nice big house for sale in my subdivision with 5 acres and you want to go to NC??? :D

TN has no State income tax either...;)
LOL,

Nice shack too!!

Just desperately tryin to keep my same job

Monte
09-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Thanks it does help. Sounds reasonable enough. Iíd like to be in the Charlotte area so that my wife can work and I can keep my same job.;) .

No kidding? About 35 mins out of Charlotte here in Kings Mountain. Lake prop here is less expensive than you'd expect too.. :rolleyes:

MarkP
09-06-2006, 01:33 PM
No kidding? About 35 mins out of Charlotte here in Kings Mountain. Lake prop here is less expensive than you'd expect too.. :rolleyes:
All I need is waterfront, good school district and well, thatís all I need..

TMCNo1
09-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Mark, looked at the pics, now I remember. Good talking to you, keep me informed about your plans.