PDA

View Full Version : Hey Whitedog....

Danimal
09-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Who was the guy at the benefit Saturday night that did the backwards barefoot edurance run around the jump. Very impressive barefooting and boat driving. 10 tight laps around the jump - that thottle must have been pegged! I was also told that the prop was dinged a bit (folded from what I hear). Was that Joel driving for that act??

If no one has ever seen this performed, you just don't know what you are missing. I had chills up and down my spine watching this guy. Incredible!!

whitedog
09-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Who was the guy at the benefit Saturday night that did the backwards barefoot edurance run around the jump. Very impressive barefooting and boat driving. 10 tight laps around the jump - that thottle must have been pegged! I was also told that the prop was dinged a bit (folded from what I hear). Was that Joel driving for that act??

If no one has ever seen this performed, you just don't know what you are missing. I had chills up and down my spine watching this guy. Incredible!!

John Debelick (sp?) Does them every show. At least 5 laps often starts backwards and does back to front, then front to back on next lap. :worthy:

Joel Williams boat driver, speed really not as fast as you might think 38 - 42 mph.

Prop was in bad shape (all 3 blades bent) after hitting bottom when they picked up the kids for beach starts earlier in the show. :noface:

whitedog
09-05-2006, 11:46 AM
RAJ has 3 younger kids that do barefoot laps around the jump front words. Two of them my son and another 15 yo do them behind the same boat. They did 5 the other night at pratice.:rolleyes:
For those that know the foot circle is tighter than a ballet circle.

Danimal
09-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Yeah, it didn't look like they had a tremendous amount of speed but to keep that speed in a tight circle I'm sure Joel had the throttle pegged.

John participated in Footstock also didn't he?

Prop was in bad shape (all 3 blades bent) after hitting bottom when they picked up the kids for beach starts earlier in the show.

That sucks!! It's not the worse show course but it could be better. You get some pretty big rollers out there with multiple boats running -

whitedog
09-05-2006, 11:55 AM
John participated in Footstock also didn't he?

Won senior division and in the top 15 in open.

whitedog
09-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Who was the guy at the benefit Saturday night that did the backwards barefoot edurance run around the jump. Very impressive barefooting and boat driving. 10 tight laps around the jump - that thottle must have been pegged!
Incredible!!

John help raise a couple of bucks by doing 10 laps. Some where around $650.00 +- in pledges. Wasn't it like a buck a lap that people could contribute.:)

Danimal
09-05-2006, 12:06 PM
John help raise a couple of bucks by doing 10 laps. Some where around $650.00 +- in pledges. Wasn't it like a buck a lap that people could contribute.:)

Yeah, I think that is what I heard. What a great turn out Saturday. All the teams that turned out are stand up teams. That is what is so great about show skiing. They all turn out for each other in times of need.