PDA

View Full Version : Looking at....

erkoehler
11-21-2004, 10:49 PM
a 2003 Moomba Mobius.

Has anyone ever skied behind one of these boats? I am looking at buying an 03 mobius, and was wondering if there was good acceleration with this boat. I have skied MC and SN and am just wondering how the pull/acceleration will compare?

I want to know, do you drag through the water, or do you "pop" right up. I believe it has the 310 efi engine.

Thanks for the help.

H20skeefreek
11-22-2004, 07:28 AM
with 310hp, it will surely pop you right up. I mean, they use the same block as everyone. They probably use the same tranny, with the same gearing. The only real known issues with the Moombas is quaility, and it's all relative in my opinion. Relative to what else is out there, and relative to your pocketbook.

erkoehler
11-22-2004, 03:48 PM
H2O,

What kind of quality issues are we talking about? More info please?

H20skeefreek
11-22-2004, 04:00 PM
I don't know of anything specific on the mobius you are looking at, but the outback has had some structural problems. For instance over time the 2 halves of the windsheild don't line up anymore, and you can't close the walkthrough. they use a lesser quality vinyl, and compared side to side with a MC, 'bu or CC, the quality just isn't there. BUT you are paying MUCH less for it. You have to weigh that in. If I were buying a brand new boat, lets just say it wouldn't be a Moomba......I'm not saying what it would be though.......

and take in to consideration. I've done a LOT of shopping over the last four years. BUT, my current boat is not only my first comp boat, but my first boat all together.

In my opinion, there is nothing better than a MID 80's MC.... :D

Farmer Ted
11-22-2004, 06:41 PM
I don't remember where I heard it but someone refered to Moombas as a 50/50 boat

50 percent of the craftsmanship and 50 percent of the resale value of a MC

bottom line, take it out drive, go over it with a fine tooth comb, if the boat has been well maintained it will show, go into the deal knowing what the estimated value of the boat is and factor in your market and how much you're willing to pay.

Don't settle for a bad boat/deal, you're the one who has to pay for it and regardless of what brand you get it will be better than a Bayliner or VIP.

T

Leroy
11-22-2004, 07:25 PM
I would go to the Malibu message board and see what the people are saying there. I've looked in the past and many problems are the same, but you will find many boat specific issues discussed and see if they scare you or not.

87Craft
11-22-2004, 07:56 PM
Even though Moomba may not have the high quality of a MC, personally, I admire a company that tries to keep the sport affordable for the comman man. Not everyone has the cash to go spend $40-$50k on a new boat. $20k for a new Moomba fits into a lot more people's budget.

I called my dealer a few weeks ago and talked about replacing my 1987 PS190. Just for kicks, i asked how much an 05' PS190 with every available option (I know not many people get all options) would cost me...$85k!!! Lets see...i could buy one MC or 4 Moombas...hmm

erkoehler
11-22-2004, 08:10 PM
it seems to be in good condition, only 61 hours. I would obviously have to test drive it first.

Farmer Ted
11-22-2004, 08:23 PM
I agree that Moomba makes an affordable boat and I for one would never turn down a day on the lake in a Moomba given the opportunity.

85 grand is alot of money, that has to be MSRP. I'd be interested in hearing what the "off the lot" price would be, I would venture to say that buying a boat the dealer has versus ordering one factory direct would get the most bang for the buck.

I'd love to get a brand new 197 but unless my lottery numbers come I'll probably buy used.

JimN
11-22-2004, 10:08 PM
Leroy- why the Malibu site? I went to the Skier's Choice site early this year and they were talking about the good and bad things there, too. Not very much happening on that site at all. At least not when I was there. It may have picked up since then, but I haven't been back.

erkoehler
11-22-2004, 10:24 PM
i posted on the moomba bulletin board, and it is pretty slow over there. Maybe they are all out on the water! Who konws, but I have gotten more responses on this site so far.

JimN
11-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Well, you know, we're a sociable group here.

Is the dealer where you saw the Moomba one of their dealers or do they sell other brands?

erkoehler
11-22-2004, 11:31 PM
it is a used boat dealer down in texas, he does alot of consignment boats.

all brands are available I believe.

east tx skier
11-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Which dealer (since I'm in Texas)?

$85K for a new 190? Wow! As much as we talk about holding value, I look at the price of a two year old 190/197 and it seems that depreciation is a little bit more universal than advertised (even assuming that the "deal" will be less than $85K).

Ric
11-23-2004, 11:50 AM
I wonder what you could add to an 05 190 to make it list at $85k ?
Does the tow vehicle come with it?
maybe all the stainless parts & the saltwater package & tower & tandem trailer & spares can really add up. hmmmmm

ski_king
11-23-2004, 12:50 PM
I wonder what you could add to an 05 190 to make it list at $85k ?
Does the tow vehicle come with it?
maybe all the stainless parts & the saltwater package & tower & tandem trailer & spares can really add up. hmmmmm

Action Water Sports web site (http://www.actionwater.com/OnlineBrochure/jsp_template/Pricing.jsp?pmid=43799&bvdid=2459&isPreview=null) has the pricing where you can select the options for the PS190 and come up with the MSRP. Yep, a fully loaded one adds up to $85000.

How I would want one the MSRP is in the $60,000 neighborhood. My guess is you may be able to buy this for somehwere in the mid to upper $40's.
........ someday, someday..........
until then, my82 is doing just fine.

erkoehler
11-23-2004, 01:25 PM
Which dealer (since I'm in Texas)?

$85K for a new 190? Wow! As much as we talk about holding value, I look at the price of a two year old 190/197 and it seems that depreciation is a little bit more universal than advertised (even assuming that the "deal" will be less than $85K).

I believe it is called Brystar Marine?? I found the boat through boattrader.com

It only has 61 hours so it is pretty much brand new. Tandem trailer, PP, Tower, Tower lights, Tower Speakers, covers.

east tx skier
11-23-2004, 03:06 PM
I'm not familiar with them. With 61 hours, I'd call it used and would pay less. At that point, unless throttle by wire is an important feature to you, I'd go for a well maintained 03 and save myself some change. I don't see much difference between 61 hours and 150 hours all else being equal.

erkoehler
11-23-2004, 04:29 PM
With a V-drive, is skiing still decent? Currently, we ski behind my grandfathers rinker outboard which is a mid 80's boat with 75hp. Wake is not to bad, but it is lacking power. Most of the time we ski behind team boats, but I saw this v-drive and actually like it.

With the v-drive, does it still offer the same pull as a direct drive. For instance, behind the outboard, you drag through the water before getting up. Behind the SN 196 the team has you just "pop" right up. Where would the v-drive fall in the realm of things?

Also, is barefooting a possibility with such a boat? Once in awhile down at the dock someone comes along and wants to take a quick run, would this be possible with the v-drive?

erkoehler
11-23-2004, 04:47 PM
figured i may as well add a pic

Jim@BAWS
11-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Powerslot82 MSRP is exactly what is says. "Man. SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE" a 85,000 PS 190... ya if you add a 8.0 Litre motor to it. How many 2002-2005 PS 190s or 197s have you seen with a 8.0 Litre and ALL the options.

Moomba is exatly what it intended for... a very low priced entry level boat. It is no where near the quality or durability of a Mastercraft. Try financing a New Moomba for 15 years. Lending instititions will only finance one for 10 years... Why you ask... same plight as a YUGO it is a disposable boat. Look at what people pay for a Mastercraft then see what resale is as a percentage. Mastercraft stands alone.

M Mastercraft's
O OLD
O OBSOLETE
M Managememt
B Benevolent
A Association

Moomba's Staff is comprised of OLD Mastercraft Management that where FIRED/LAYED off when MC
almost went in the dump many years back because if there lack of commitment to the product and the customer. Enough said

erkoehler
11-23-2004, 05:07 PM
At this point, I can not afford to buy a new mastercraft, but with a Moomba the way I look at it atleast I will be on the water. Would be able to pay off the Moomba in a few years then possibly upgrade to a MC at that point.

I just want to ride at this point! I am really starting to hate boat shopping. :(

Jim@BAWS
11-23-2004, 05:11 PM
ERIC,

Be patient... find yourself a 99-2002 205V or X-Star. You will be much happier. Do not go the cheaper route. You will loose your but on trade-in and resale on a MOOMBA. You cannot have that much of a season left right now. Keep looking.. I'll even help if you want.

Jim @ BAWS

erkoehler
11-23-2004, 05:14 PM
No, not much of a season left up here! The winter weather is upon us, but a dry suit/wet suit is still an option down at the power plant lake in Southern IL.

Only time will tell, but one way or another I am in a new boat by April!

east tx skier
11-23-2004, 05:57 PM
Irrespective of brand, you can ski behind a v-drive, and the pull will be fine. But with the engine in the back of the boat, the back of the boat sits a bit more in the water. The result is a bigger wake.

87Craft
11-23-2004, 09:09 PM
First, as for Try financing a New Moomba for 15 years. Lending instititions will only finance one for 10 years...at $20k, you have no business financing it for 15 years...even 10 for that matter.

As for Moomba, I knew very little about them before this post...just that their old boats were ugly as a boat could be (my opinion). However, their 2005 lineup with the associated sticker prices, would warrent a test drive...of course, that is, if i were looking. I've been sticker shocked into contentment.

erkoehler
11-23-2004, 09:14 PM
87craft,

That is exactly what I was thinking. Don't count out the underdog. The graphics on the 2003 boat are pretty sharp looking to me. The boat has what I am looking for, and if the price matches well......

This would be my first ski boat (only 20 years old) so I don't need the cadillac/bmw of boats the first time around. Just something to figure out what I really need/want out of a boat.

Leroy
11-24-2004, 01:12 AM
I looked at that site to compare issues they reported vs what was reported here. Looks as active if not more so than here, and this is a very active board!

http://www.malibuboatowners.com/forums/

Leroy- why the Malibu site? I went to the Skier's Choice site early this year and they were talking about the good and bad things there, too. Not very much happening on that site at all. At least not when I was there. It may have picked up since then, but I haven't been back.

erkoehler
11-24-2004, 01:38 AM
i checked it out. It is an okay site.

erkoehler
11-24-2004, 01:39 AM
So, do I get the boot from this site if I buy a Moomba?

jimmer2880
11-24-2004, 06:53 AM
If you don't go with a MC - I'd much rather you by a CC or 'bu. There are many moomba's where I ski. No doubt - I'd take a used MC over a new Moomba anyday. When I bought my 190, that was my choice - used MC or new Moomba. Went with the MC & never looked back. Best decision I made that summer (next to divorcing my ex-wife).

My next boat will be the same decision... 5-7 year old MC or new Moomba. My mind is already made up. I know too many people with Moomba's for me to get one of those tubs.

tex
11-24-2004, 09:17 AM
figured i may as well add a pic
Did I see this on "Pimp My Boat"?

Ric
11-24-2004, 09:54 AM
With a V-drive, is skiing still decent? Currently, we ski behind my grandfathers rinker outboard which is a mid 80's boat with 75hp. Wake is not to bad, but it is lacking power. Most of the time we ski behind team boats, but I saw this v-drive and actually like it.

With the v-drive, does it still offer the same pull as a direct drive. For instance, behind the outboard, you drag through the water before getting up. Behind the SN 196 the team has you just "pop" right up. Where would the v-drive fall in the realm of things?

Also, is barefooting a possibility with such a boat? Once in awhile down at the dock someone comes along and wants to take a quick run, would this be possible with the v-drive?
I know vdrive gives a wider wake even when the ballasts are empty so I dont know how much barefooters will like vdrive. I've slalomed behind them. They pull you up just fine & unless you're skiing a course, vdrive won't hinder recreational slalom.
If you want that one :love: , then low ball the offer. That boat is not going to sell fast.
As far as booting you from the site...... You can stay if we don't have to read your sobbing over moomba problems all the time ;) .

Leroy
11-24-2004, 09:57 AM
erkoehler No, I think the opposite, we will want to hear your story:popcorn: ;)

By the way, how many boats have you looked at? I've been where you are at, even worse, could afford anything at 20! THere is something to be said for buying quality and keeping it for years. I have a friend that bought a 19' I/O in '84, and at 20 years old, looks great, runs great, he takes care of it and it shows. I think the lower entry point of the Moomba's also brings buyers that do not take care of things, also leading to the premature poor quality. Guess my point is if you take proper take care of anything you get even more for your money.

How many boats have you looked at so far? Also the best selling season is yet to come in the spring! I would be very patient.

AR Footer
11-24-2004, 10:52 AM
erkoehler,

I believe that you are in the same position that I was in for a long time. However, I stayed the course and ended up finding the boat of my dreams. Of course, it is a MasterCraft because I am a die hard and believe the slogan that "Nothing else even comes close". Yes, I did have to buy an older boat but the quality is so good in a MasterCraft that even an older boat is much more impressive than some of the other models that are much newer. I bought an 85 last winter and the guy couldn't even stay in the parking lot for me to hook to it and drag it away. He was choked up just from the thought of someone else having his baby. This just goes to show how deeply most MasterCraft owners care for their boats. Although you will pay a little extra, you get good quality, and because it costs more you should be like the rest of us and take extremely good care of it. IF you decide to trade up in the future, your return on investment will be much greater. I'm a die hard that skiied with friends for 17 years before I could finally afford my own MasterCraft. I would settle for nothing less. I would recommend that you not jump into anything. Wait and watch. Believe me, after looking for 17 years I was frustrated at looking as well but I never took my eye off of the ultimate goal.

87Craft
11-24-2004, 11:19 AM
erkoehler,

keep in mind that this is a Mastercraft forum...what answer did you expect to get? Go to the Moomba forum and ask "should i buy this boat?"...let us know what they say.

sfitzgerald351
11-24-2004, 11:32 AM
If I were you, I'd NOT spend a lot of money on a boat, especially at 20. Go find a late 80's MC and keep it for a while. As you said, this is your first boat and you're not sure what you want. The older MC's are well-built and suited for just about any type of water sport. You can toss a tower on them and a couple of fat sacks in and they'll make a decent wakeboarding boat. Empty them out and you have one of the best slalom boats built. But the real key here is that you get out on the water with a boat that really isn't going to depreciate much. I bought my '84 four years ago for $6500 with the trailer and I bet I could get at least that, if not more if I sold it today. My boat looks good, works well, and has one of the best slalom wakes I've riden on. The biggest difference between the older boats and the newer boats in my mind is less spray for the skier, more storage, more cupholders, and factory located spaces for the stereo. Other than that, you'll have the same amount of fun behind a 1980 or a 2000 MC.

ktn_cmu
11-24-2004, 03:53 PM
So you are saying people who buy Moombas would not be banished from this website. Is that what I heard? Well, I guess now is the time to come forward...I own a Moomba, AND I like it. I will agree MC's, CC's, Malibu's are all better quality boats. BUT, I own a 1992 Moomba Boomerang with the PCM 351 HO. It's GPS'd at 55mph's and has a hole shot better than any MC's I've raced, I am sure because it is so light (who knows if that is because of the thinner vinyl I hear about :) ). My boat has 350 hours on it and was very well maintained by the previous owner, a barefooter. I came to this board for two reasons, I wish it was a MC and MC owners have the mentality I generally agree with. I agree that generally Moomba owners do not care as well for their boats, they seem to be less knowledgeable, and they don't bother discussing much on their board. They actually pull discussions from here to there, no one there knows what to do with an empty trailer and why the breaks are locked up, so they come here. Here is a pic...

erkoehler
11-24-2004, 05:02 PM
Ktn Cmu,

You are right, the Moomba board is about as popular as the local cemetary! I posted about this boat in mid september over there, and have gotten maybe 5 responses! I to have the MC mentality about boats being that you keep them up, clean, and in great condition.

I have been looking at boats for alittle over a year now. While I am not "rich" I work hard for my money and like to buy nice things. :D
I still go to school full time, but also am a full time retail manager that is probably over paid for what I do.

To the delight of many on the board, I have asked the dealer if he has an MC PS190 boats from 2000 or later. So far, the search has turned up one boat.

What do yo guys think? 139 hours on the engine. The dealer says he is working up a price on it. Where should I be at price wise with this boat. Has LTR engine (330hp), extended pylon, single axle trailer, PP, Heater, CD player, and reverse gel coat.

http://www.brystarmarine.com/inventory/dsp_viewboat.cfm?id=840

paulphillipson
11-24-2004, 05:38 PM
erkoehler,
NADA gives a $17,6980 - $21,815 range for a ProStar190 with no options other than a shower and extended pylon. I don't know what you are prepared to pay, but find your price range and get a MC. The info given above is right on; a MC won't depreciate as much as the other brands (with the possible exception of CC), and any year MC is a wonderful boat. I've had 4of them, made money on 2, used my '95 for 10 years and sold it for $4k less than I paid for it, so I'm about even on cost. When I was in your position of looking for my first boat, I would have bought any tournament boat I could finnd at the time for $10k, but lucked out and fell into an '86 PS 190. FWIW, I won't even consider another brand.

paulphillipson
11-24-2004, 05:49 PM
erkoehler - some more thoughts: I can't tell if that 2000 has a PowerSlot or stereo, the number of hours, or any other options. They would have a bearing on the price. Look at the marketplace here on this forum, too. Take your time and good luck.

Ric
11-24-2004, 06:14 PM
Ktn Cmu,

You are right, the Moomba board is about as popular as the local cemetary! I posted about this boat in mid september over there, and have gotten maybe 5 responses! I to have the MC mentality about boats being that you keep them up, clean, and in great condition.

I have been looking at boats for alittle over a year now. While I am not "rich" I work hard for my money and like to buy nice things. :D
I still go to school full time, but also am a full time retail manager that is probably over paid for what I do.

To the delight of many on the board, I have asked the dealer if he has an MC PS190 boats from 2000 or later. So far, the search has turned up one boat.

What do yo guys think? 139 hours on the engine. The dealer says he is working up a price on it. Where should I be at price wise with this boat. Has LTR engine (330hp), extended pylon, single axle trailer, PP, Heater, CD player, and reverse gel coat.

http://www.brystarmarine.com/inventory/dsp_viewboat.cfm?id=840

I just sold a 2000 190 that was babied, Eric
Couple of things to inquire about are the seats and the trailer(if that trailer is an MC trailer)

My seat tops all split near the decorative thread lines and mc factory
mailed new ones to us n/c (we had to pay install )

MC trailers of that year had a recall on the springs due to them actually breaking the leafs of the springs, so make sure thats been done IF thats an mc trailer.

I dont think anybody would pay extra for reverse gelcoat but that is a solid motor and a fine boat in my opinion.

erkoehler
11-24-2004, 06:22 PM
I don't think that the trailer is a MC trailer, but I will definetly check on it.

I have multiple pictures of the seats, and all appear to be in good condition.

Overall, did you like the 2000?

Hoosier Bob
11-24-2004, 06:36 PM
General response to thread also.
I have never turned down a pull behind any boat! The best boat in my opinion is one that runs, doesn't break the bank and is readily available. The drive trains all have to be of similar tolerance so the differance must be the hull and hardware. As always buy the most you can afford without driving yourself to bankruptcy. Find the dollar amount your happy with and shop all of the brands new or used. Come back here and tell us what a great deal you got and ski the s#$% out of it. One thing I have learned is that there is always time to decide. Another one does come along and it comes along often!
Take careSo you are saying people who buy Moombas would not be banished from this website. Is that what I heard? Well, I guess now is the time to come forward...I own a Moomba, AND I like it. I will agree MC's, CC's, Malibu's are all better quality boats. BUT, I own a 1992 Moomba Boomerang with the PCM 351 HO. It's GPS'd at 55mph's and has a hole shot better than any MC's I've raced, I am sure because it is so light (who knows if that is because of the thinner vinyl I hear about :) ). My boat has 350 hours on it and was very well maintained by the previous owner, a barefooter. I came to this board for two reasons, I wish it was a MC and MC owners have the mentality I generally agree with. I agree that generally Moomba owners do not care as well for their boats, they seem to be less knowledgeable, and they don't bother discussing much on their board. They actually pull discussions from here to there, no one there knows what to do with an empty trailer and why the breaks are locked up, so they come here. Here is a pic...

erkoehler
11-24-2004, 09:16 PM
I guess, I just have to wait and see what happens. Hopefully, I don't have to wait until Monday. The long weekend is just going to make me think about it more and more.

tex
11-24-2004, 09:36 PM
er-how long do you plan on keeping this boat?

sizzler
11-25-2004, 03:59 AM
another general reply :twocents:

i'd finished skiing with some older friends and decided to splash out on a boat for me and my mates.As i had a better job ,i decided to buy it myself..we had skiied on the sea,and had decided to move to river skiing for footin..a better boat was required....i couldn't afford a new mc,but did not want a 2nd hand one,as i like to know how its been treated....i went for a cheaper make boat,but was disappointed with the difference between it and an mc.....the MC's just looked and felt better,,after a few rides behind one and a nice bonus i swapped it in for an MCbarefoot 200....in hindsight i would have gone for the 2nd hand one in the first place,because ,after seeing this forum you realise we are apart from other boat owners in the way we treat our boats and offer assistance to other owners......

ER....GO WITH THE MC :)

erkoehler
11-25-2004, 10:38 AM
I plan on keeping the boat 10-15 years. As long as the year is 2000 or newer.

ktn_cmu
11-25-2004, 06:46 PM
I was sure I had stirred up a hornets nest when I came clean...ahhh, I feel better, kinda like an AA meeting...

Anyway, I hope all are having a nice Thanksgiving, we got about 4 inches of snow here in MI yesterday. Glad the boat is inside. About the boat, I paid cash for it...to the tune of $6000. I feel I got my money's worth. Someday I'll upgrade to a MC, but for now, the price was right. I don't have a lot of spare money, I have two mortgages and didn't need another payment. I drive an old (1989) truck and an old (1994) T-Bird and I just wanted an inboard w/ a nice wake. I had the CVX-16 prior to this, and I'd much rather ski behind this boat. Glad I wasn't banished...yet... Besides, maybe I'll find out the boat was a waste of money and tell you all how right y'all are...Happy Holidays

Kyle

Farmer Ted
11-25-2004, 09:07 PM
As many have said, go with a late 80s or early 90s, save some money, baby it, and wait for the deal of a lifetime to come 4 or 5 years down the road when you're done with college and in a better spot financially.

Brad and I alternated boats through out the summer, his 87 is as just as good a pull as my 98.

As with everything in life, due diligence will pay in the long run. Don't get in a hurry to buy a boat just to buy a boat.

I'd recommend setting a limit of how much you'll spend and stick to that price. Regardless of how nice a boat comes along, if it's out of your price range keep looking. Don't rationalize yourself into a boat that's 10 grand out of your price range.

Try not to get frustrated and certainly don't compromise or settle for a boat you know you won't be happy with in the long run.

Good luck, I know it's frustrating but your deal will come around.

T

erkoehler
11-25-2004, 10:16 PM
I am only doing this used boat shopping thing once. After my first boat I have decided that I am just going to buy new. That way you can choose your options and you don't have to search for them.

Ric
12-01-2004, 10:02 AM
I don't think that the trailer is a MC trailer, but I will definetly check on it.

I have multiple pictures of the seats, and all appear to be in good condition.

Overall, did you like the 2000?
Yep! Great Boat. We mainly slalom. I ordered a 197 because I wanted open bow and to be honest, all my test drives (at my 15 off & 22 off level) felt like the new boat had a harder wake than my 2000 190.

I had an older carbureted supra prior to that boat and I seemed to always be fixing something and praying it would start pryor to every turn of the key. My LTR/MC never let me down.

EDIT: oh ya, the 2000 Tracks like a champ in the course but won't do the flip turn or bat turn because it had 4 tracking fins(it didn't bother me but I thought I'd mention it)

tex
12-01-2004, 10:31 AM
I plan on keeping the boat 10-15 years. As long as the year is 2000 or newer.

Set a price limit, stick to it, and most of all take care of it! if it is a MC, BU, SN, or Moomba, it should last, if you take care of it! my 3 cents!

Ric
12-02-2004, 09:59 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4509015093&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3***%3AUS%3A1
here is another listed on ebay Eric

east tx skier
12-02-2004, 12:34 PM
Hey, don't forget the cardinal rule: Ski behind it. Also, run it for an hour on the test drive. If it's too cold to do this, don't sign on the dotted line until you can. If you're satisfied after this, then you'll be happy. My boat is 11 years old, and I'll keep it for another 10 at least before I (a) buy another, or (b) drop a new engine in it.

pdoppenheim
12-02-2004, 03:36 PM
You may find that a MasterCraft costs more up front but returns more when you go to sell it. Waterski Magazine seems to like the Gekko as the best of the budget ski boats for wake quality vs price.

Rockman
12-03-2004, 09:20 AM
Better get an MC...not sure if we'll allow anything else at the MS Event. If you don't get an MC, then the guys might have to take you out back and rough you up a bit :D

lakes Rick
12-03-2004, 11:16 AM
You may find that a MasterCraft costs more up front but returns more when you go to sell it. Waterski Magazine seems to like the Gekko as the best of the budget ski boats for wake quality vs price.

They sure are cool looking boats....

erkoehler
12-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Better get an MC...not sure if we'll allow anything else at the MS Event. If you don't get an MC, then the guys might have to take you out back and rough you up a bit :D

Pretty sure I saw a gekko and a Malibu there in the past,

Rockman
12-03-2004, 01:10 PM
No Gekkos there but Brian from Wisconsin used to bring his Malibu down. He would launch it, anchor it and then ski with us!? Kinda makes you think :confused:

Laurel_Lake_Skier
12-05-2004, 08:59 PM
I always enjoy getting that issue. It is great to see the new boats and means summer and skiing are around the corner. Buuutttt.....it seems like more of an advertisment section than anything else. I've never seen them "test" a boat with anything other than positive comments.

Ric
12-06-2004, 10:51 AM
Here is another listing
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4509317820

cbryan70
11-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Did erk go through with this?

Sodar
11-05-2008, 11:52 PM
No.... he was saved from making a mistake.

MasterCrafts RULE!

cbryan70
11-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Ohhh here it is

erkoehler
11-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Real funny guys.........;)

H20skeefreek
11-10-2008, 12:44 AM
Hey, don't forget the cardinal rule: Ski behind it. Also, run it for an hour on the test drive. If it's too cold to do this, don't sign on the dotted line until you can. If you're satisfied after this, then you'll be happy. My boat is 11 years old, and I'll keep it for another 10 at least before I (a) buy another, or (b) drop a new engine in it.
Another 10 years eh? So much for that.

tex
12-15-2010, 11:13 PM
Not another brand!