PDA

View Full Version : Suprise Tonight!

6ballsisall
11-19-2004, 08:50 PM
Got home from a trip this evening and came home to a suprise. I found out I am going to be a Dad Next July!! :D :D :love:

jmac197
11-19-2004, 09:22 PM
Congrats!!

They are a ton of work in the beginning, but as they get older they let you get younger....mentally not physically!!!

Later
Jim

Leroy
11-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Congratulations! There is a lot of baby and boat experience here. You know we like pictures on this board.

You're not too far away, where do you normally ski?

Mag_Red
11-20-2004, 12:33 AM
:banana: :banana: So who's the father???? :D

rem_p
11-20-2004, 01:02 AM

thats funny :uglyhamme anyway congratulations man

bcampbe7
11-20-2004, 01:02 AM
Congrats!!!

erkoehler
11-20-2004, 03:50 AM
Got home from a trip this evening and came home to a suprise. I found out I am going to be a Dad Next July!! :D :D :love:

congrats! Any skier would make a great Dad.

tex
11-20-2004, 08:34 AM
congrats! remember, no tuber!

Knoxes
11-21-2004, 11:19 AM
That's really great news, j.

Nothing's better than being a father.

6ballsisall
11-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Thanks Everybody! We are both really excited for sure!

Very Funny Mag Red :uglyhamme :D

Leroy: I live in Hidden Valley Lakes, which is right next to Lawrenceburg, IN.
http://www.hiddenvalley-lake.com/
I ski on our lake up here mostly but have some friends who have a membership to a lake right next to us called Horseshoe lake which we set the course out on. We live about 2 minutes from the water so getting to the lake is quick.

BriEOD
11-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Awesome! They are really a joy. Cody is 11 weeks old and started sleeping through the night this week. Actually, Tuesday night he woke up at 330am and I'm thinking alright kid you're killing me. But then he starts smiling and cooing at me. How can you get mad at that? Good luck, they'll change your life.

lakes Rick
11-21-2004, 10:08 PM

Please don't shoot the messenger about this..

My boys friend just had his kid tested for matching DNA.. Its not his.. Its his buddies..

Fact is over 30% of all DNA tests show that the Father is not the sperm donor.. Just some info...

Mag_Red
11-22-2004, 12:35 AM
Please don't shoot the messenger about this..

My boys friend just had his kid tested for matching DNA.. Its not his.. Its his buddies..

Fact is over 30% of all DNA tests show that the Father is not the sperm donor.. Just some info... :eek: Where do you find this stuff??? LOL

BriEOD
11-22-2004, 06:20 AM
Rick, I see you posted that right after MY post. So what are you trying to say, huh??? If you get something in the mail this week and it's ticking with no return address and excessive postage it wasn't me. :uglyhamme Just kidding. If Cody isn't mine than their is some milk man running around that looks an awful lot like me. I do have a story about this, no BS. A guy I know in the AF THOUGHT he got this girl pregnant (white girl, white guy). 9 months go by, they get to the delivery room, he's going to marry her, been taking care of her, you know the deal. So when the baby comes out...it was black as coal. :noface: He said he walked right out of the hospital.

dmac
11-22-2004, 09:10 AM
A guy I know in the AF THOUGHT he got this girl pregnant (white girl, white guy). 9 months go by, they get to the delivery room, he's going to marry her, been taking care of her, you know the deal. So when the baby comes out...it was black as coal. :noface: He said he walked right out of the hospital.
Two words for that gal. See Ya! The absolute worst part is that she knew all along that he was not the father.

captkidd
11-22-2004, 10:39 AM
Two words for that gal. See Ya! The absolute worst part is that she knew all along that he was not the father.
She might not. Could've been one of those deals where the girl slept with so many guys she didn't know who the father was.

Congrats J. One of the absolute best things that ever happened to me. My 3 year old son is now going through this stage where "I want my Daddy to do it" (rocking to sleep, changing poopy diapers, dressing him, etc.). It takes a lot of time, but it feels so good to know that he wants me to do all of this; I think my wife is getting a little jealous though.

Rick, the stat about 30% of DNA tests revealing that the Daddy is not really the father isn't too surprising because most people who have DNA tests are doing so because there's some issue/question there.

east tx skier
11-22-2004, 10:42 AM
Way to go, Jrandol!

lakes Rick
11-22-2004, 02:58 PM
Rick, the stat about 30% of DNA tests revealing that the Daddy is not really the father isn't too surprising because most people who have DNA tests are doing so because there's some issue/question there.

Actually no that isnt quite right.. these are the stats from mostly married or live togethers.. So the " Jerry Springer" type tests go way up.. Some mens groups did some research.. DADS against discrimination, dadsrights.com, fatherhoodcoalition... Yes, believe it or not there are some MEN starting to get really tired of the female biased laws out there......

Look I know this is a REAL touchy subject and I do not want to push any ones buttons.. BUT, from what I have read and seen, if ANY women came to me and said the child is mine, I would have a DNA test to make sure.. IF you get divorced, you would get real tired of paying for some one elses child. AND for most of you who dont know there is a statute of limitations after a child is born, ( differs from state to state), and after that time YOU are responsible for PAYING for the child till 21 even if you are NOT the sperm donor.... So it is real important to have the test as soon after the child is born..
I know a guy who had 4 kids, wife left for another, and 3 of the kids are not his, but he pays LOTS of child support on them.. Funny thing is the guy she left him for is probably the sperm donor..

lakes Rick
11-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Rick, I see you posted that right after MY post. So what are you trying to say, huh??? If you get something in the mail this week and it's ticking with no return address and excessive postage it wasn't me. :uglyhamme Just kidding. If Cody isn't mine than their is some milk man running around that looks an awful lot like me. I do have a story about this, no BS. A guy I know in the AF THOUGHT he got this girl pregnant (white girl, white guy). 9 months go by, they get to the delivery room, he's going to marry her, been taking care of her, you know the deal. So when the baby comes out...it was black as coal. :noface: He said he walked right out of the hospital.

Bri Bri, and EVERYONE else on here, I am not pointing fingers at anyone or making any accusations.. Just my typical "Looking out for my fellow men" type of trivia... Women seem to be able to look out for them and not get questioned, Heck, the Government pays out MILLIONS of OUR tax dollars for them, just think it should be for men also..

If the kid had been white he would still be sending over at least 25% of his NET pay to her..

Divorce stats, Who's the dad, all of these statistics are pretty sad and really ugly.. Anymore a man has just got to cover his A$$......

bcampbe7
11-22-2004, 04:17 PM
The problem is that his wife would probably be real pissed if he questioned her about somehting like this... How do you go about asking your wife for a DNA test to make sure that you are indeed the father? I think a main part of a relationship is trust.

Knoxes
11-22-2004, 06:10 PM
I'm thinking if it's really something you'd question, you shouldn't be banging her anyway.

Rockman
11-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Jrandol,

Congrats! :friday:

Hope everything goes well. Keep us posted.

lakes Rick
11-22-2004, 06:50 PM
The problem is that his wife would probably be real pissed if he questioned her about somehting like this... How do you go about asking your wife for a DNA test to make sure that you are indeed the father? I think a main part of a relationship is trust.

Oh I agree, 30 out of 100 Husbands who trust their wives, arent the dads....

Dna tests are quite simple today.. You know who the MOM is. You do not need her DNA, just the supposed dad and the kid....Real simple...MOM doesn't have to know.....

Leroy
11-22-2004, 07:09 PM
Rick; I think you have localized the facts, I think it is 30/100 people that take the DNA test find out they are not the dad.

CLosest evidence I could find. But they do say 10%!

http://home.earthlink.net/~elnunes/blood.htm
http://www.childsupportanalysis.co.uk/papers/knowledge/evidence.htm