PDA

View Full Version : Radio Shack Termination e-mails

milkmania
08-31-2006, 06:22 PM
I just wouldn't check my emails:rolleyes:

FORT WORTH, Texas - RadioShack Corp. notified about 400 workers by e-mail that they were being dismissed immediately as part of planned job cuts.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060830/ap_on_hi_te/radioshack_layoffs

slink976
08-31-2006, 06:32 PM
That is BALL-LESS

M-Funf
08-31-2006, 06:34 PM
Yeah, that's just wrong. I've always felt that you should have to look the person in the face when laying off/firing them...

Losers...

Leroy
08-31-2006, 06:35 PM
That is very cold.

Not a good sign for them.

6ballsisall
08-31-2006, 06:39 PM
What a PUSSY way to handle it!!!!!!!! And they wonder why people go postal.........:rolleyes:

slink976
08-31-2006, 06:40 PM
I decided never again shop/buy from them! not like it's an inconveince for me i think i have bought 1 thing there and that was 6 years ago. But the point is boycott!

brianaw26
08-31-2006, 06:54 PM
You know. I bet about 80% of workers that decide to quit, inform their employers by way of email. I don’t see the difference. At least they notified people before hand and have some sort of severance package.

Maristar210
08-31-2006, 10:16 PM
36 weeks of severance for those making over 90k?

Yeah I feel sorry for them:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Paaaaa Leeeeezzzzz

Gimme a GD break.

Steve

Ric
08-31-2006, 11:34 PM
I decided never again shop/buy from them! not like it's an inconveince for me i think i have bought 1 thing there and that was 6 years ago. But the point is boycott! this could be a trend and quite possibly the reason for the layoffs???? That and I have not seen superwoman and howie on thier commercials in awhile... Their stores are so clean and organized... That said, they have horrible locations

boatless
09-01-2006, 09:36 AM
Yeah,,

Paaaaa !!! Leeeezzzzz. :rolleyes: Guess most of their management got no balls cause they don't wear pants either. :D I can't remember when was the last time I bought any thing at their store. Just more convinience to go to bigger store like best buy or circuit city...

Maristar210
09-01-2006, 02:02 PM
The deivery method was spineless though but if I got 36 weeks to think about it and move on well:friday:

Hoff1
09-01-2006, 03:28 PM
We had layoff of salary people a couple of years ago. When one of the guys that got the axe tried to use his security badge to get in the building, it didn't work. No problem, someone else let him in. Then he tried to log into his computer and his user ID had been deactivated. So, he called the IT department and they said, "oh, you better call HR".

AirJunky
09-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Whatever. They got laid off. Like there is a GOOD way to get laid off?! It's 2006. Things are done differently now. Get used to it. People went "postal" for other reasons than this. If they got a severance they will get over it too.

Jwhitsett1129
09-01-2006, 04:01 PM
We had layoff of salary people a couple of years ago. When one of the guys that got the axe tried to use his security badge to get in the building, it didn't work. No problem, someone else let him in. Then he tried to log into his computer and his user ID had been deactivated. So, he called the IT department and they said, "oh, you better call HR".

"Bob Slydell: Milton Waddams.
Dom Portwood: Who's he?
Bob Porter: You know, squirrely looking guy, mumbles a lot.
Dom Portwood: Oh, yeah.
Bob Slydell: Yeah, we can't actually find a record of him being a current employee here.
Bob Porter: I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he was laid off five years ago and no one ever told him, but through some kind of glitch in the payroll department, he still gets a paycheck.
Bob Slydell: So we just went a ahead and fixed the glitch.
Bill Lumbergh: Great.
Dom Portwood: So um, Milton has been let go?
Bob Slydell: Well just a second there, professor. We uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it will just work itself out naturally.
Bob Porter: We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem solved from your end."

jmyers
09-01-2006, 04:01 PM
That just sucks! My wife was laid off las thursday, but got a job making more than her previous job yesterday! WHEW! It was going to be either her car or the boat to go first! She actually said her car!:D Got to love her! :steering: