PDA

View Full Version : General Discussion

DanC
11-19-2004, 08:49 PM
Maybe you could think about changing the title from General Discussion to General Mastercraft Discussion or General Boating Discussion (see other boards). We seem to get a fair amount of off-topic discussion there. Now that I think about it, it probably won't help much but it's worth a try.

east tx skier
11-20-2004, 10:14 AM
Perhaps a subheading for folders describing exactly what the parameters of the discussion is intended to be. A lot of forums will move misplaced topics as well. Doesn't bother me too much, really, but organization is a good thing down the road if someone's searching for info.

H20skeefreek
11-20-2004, 10:51 AM
I think we should expand the number of threads listed on the "home" page. as I tend to just check the most recent threads, but possibly iss out on others.

atlfootr
12-09-2004, 12:56 PM
wanted to throw you my :twocents: would really like to be able to contact and converse (i.e. Yahoo IM ) w/ buddy's online, in realtime. :)

ktn_cmu
12-09-2004, 01:53 PM
I don't even notice what folder a thread is posted in. Just go to the "New Posts" link at the top of the page and all the new posts pop up, I find you can learn something from any post...not just on topic posts.

BriEOD
12-09-2004, 04:07 PM
wanted to throw you my :twocents: would really like to be able to contact and converse (i.e. Yahoo IM ) w/ buddy's online, in realtime. :)

I completely agree. I was a big proponent of this before. However, their was a lot of discussion about it. I thought TT Admin was going to add it but I have not seen it yet.

sfitzgerald351
12-09-2004, 04:41 PM
People can't contact each other with IM? I use GAIM so the automatic links in the upper right corner of each person's message that have the little AIM guy or the Y! for yahoo don't work (don't open up the right program for me), but I was able to click the button anyway, figure out Brieod6's AIM handle, plug it into GAIM and it registered. Same with AtlFootr.

If I can, I'd like to plug GAIM (see http://gaim.sourceforge.net/about.php) It allows you to have one IM client and talk to people with Yahoo, MSN, or AIM all at once (you do need to set up accounts with each service... not a big deal) Much better than trying to keep track of different people in different programs. And it's open source so it's free and works really well.

Feel free to IM me this evening with whatever protocol you use (you should see all three icons in my message header... The yellow guy is AIM, the blue guy is MSN and the red Y is Yahoo.). I'm gearing up for finals so probably can't chat long, but I'll be on the computer most of the evening writing papers.... :(