View Full Version : Guide post covers

Todd Brosius
11-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Does anyone have knowledge of where I can purchased dark blue guide post covers that say Mastercraft on them for my 2004 Prostar 197 trailer. My dealer tells me that a separate company makes these covers for Mastercraft and that dark blue ones are on back order. Does anyone know of a dealer that has these in stock. Thanks for your help!!!

Farmer Ted
11-20-2004, 09:27 AM
You can order Black, yellow, or green directly from the MC Store for $30 plus shipping.

http://www.costore.com/mastercraft/productenlarged.asp?ProductId=329942&CId=%7B09121081%2DB747%2D41DF%2DBF75%2DE0BBCD51705 A%7D&NC=112020049453

or you can buy fake ones on Ebay for $37.95 plus $8 shipping

I would call around to various dealers throughout the US and see if they have the color you're looking for.

Jim at BAWS might be able to hook you up.


Todd Brosius
11-20-2004, 11:56 AM
Thanks for your help. I noticed on the Mastercraft site about those 3 colors and black would look nice, but I would really like to stay with dark blue. I've e-mailed some dealers. Please let me know if you have any more info.

11-20-2004, 01:11 PM
...or you can buy fake ones on Ebay for $37.95 plus $8 shipping

I saw those last night and they are the fabric only, they do not come with the foam. For those of us that do not have covers to begin with, we need the foam.

11-22-2004, 10:07 AM
I think the foam is basically just pipe insulation that you can buy at any Home Depot, Lowe's etc. You could probably also find one of those noodle things that my wife insists we carry on the boat. You just need to check the diameter (inner and outer) to make sure they fit.

Watch the MC stuff on ebay as some of it doesn't have the official MC logo (since it's not actually MC licensed stuff).

east tx skier
11-22-2004, 10:44 AM
Yup, just pipe insulation.

As for ebay, some are real. Some aren't. My wife bought her father some off of ebay, and compared to mine, they look identical. The thing to look for is that MasterCraft is written both longways (in large print) and crossways in tiny print. Also make sure the M and C are capitalized.

And while we're on the subject, the MC ski rope shock tubes look about the same (logo-wise) as the guide poll covers, but the real ones have charts with slalom course times on them.