PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Lights

Tennessee J
08-30-2006, 10:06 PM
I have 2 lights out.... I disconnected both. Do I simply need to buy new bulbs for each light, or replace the hole light? Casing/cover and all?

Mag_Red
08-30-2006, 10:17 PM
Depends if they are sealed units. On the newer trailer you need to replace the entire assembly as you can't even get at the bulb. I replaced mine with sealed LED units after blowing the factory one's 4 times. Absolutely no problems with the LED's:headbang:

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Depends if they are sealed units. On the newer trailer you need to replace the entire assembly as you can't even get at the bulb. I replaced mine with sealed LED units after blowing the factory one's 4 times. Absolutely no problems with the LED's:headbang:

Bob where did you get the LEDs? I have one out.

WTRSK1R
08-30-2006, 10:19 PM
None of the lights have replaceable bulbs, they are all sealed. The sidemarker lights must be replaced as a whole unit. The tail lights and backup lights (if your trailer has them) can be replaced without replacing the rubber grommet that holds it in the fender. They are available at Walmart, and many auto parts stores. The sidemarker lights you will probably need to go to your dealer to get an exact match.

Good Luck.

WTRSK1R
08-30-2006, 10:23 PM
None of the lights have replaceable bulbs, they are all sealed. The sidemarker lights must be replaced as a whole unit. The tail lights and backup lights (if your trailer has them) can be replaced without replacing the rubber grommet that holds it in the fender. They are available at Walmart, and many auto parts stores. The sidemarker lights you will probably need to go to your dealer to get an exact match.

Good Luck.

WTRSK1R
08-30-2006, 10:23 PM

Good Luck.

Mag_Red
08-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Bob where did you get the LEDs? I have one out.Don't remmber the exact place. Did a search on LED trailer lights and bought from one of the companies that came up. I do have an extra original that works if you want it.

WTRSK1R
08-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Wow triple post. My computer locked up and I did not realize it posted.:(

Sorry.

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 10:33 PM
^^^^ doing a little post hoe-in thar wtrskir?? :D

Mag_Red
08-30-2006, 10:37 PM
^^^^ doing a little post hoe-in thar wtrskir?? :Dsites a little slow loading over here.:(

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 10:38 PM
sites a little slow loading over here.:(

I know......it's getting really old.......:mad:

them boys on the bu site don't have this problem. :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
09-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Bob where did you get the LEDs? I have one out.
Most everyone that sells trailer/truck lighting, marine supplies now have LED replacements for every location on a trailer, along with the OEM kinds. Just search and shop around, because the lights keep getting brighter and the prices keep dropping!