PDA

View Full Version : Temper-pedic

love2fly
08-30-2006, 09:36 PM
Anybody have one or knows somebody who sleeps on one. I'm looking for some honest reviews before I get one.

Thanks

Footin
08-30-2006, 09:38 PM
Friend of mine just got one, seems to like it alot.

sassydog
08-30-2006, 11:12 PM
i don't own one, but i have layed on one at the store. It's a completely different feeling compared to a regular matress. Your body continues to sink into the foam after you lay still. So if you toss and turn a lot before you finally zonk out, it'll be like tossing and turning over potholes. Another thing to consider is that it didn't seem like a good place to perfrom extracurricular activities with the wife/girlfriend, if you follow me. but that's just my two cents. good luck!!

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Another thing to consider is that it didn't seem like a good place to perfrom extracurricular activities with the wife/girlfriend, if you follow me. but that's just my two cents. good luck!!

Exactly why we didn't buy one.........;)

88 PS190
08-31-2006, 12:27 AM
now how about a tempur pedic vest liner, put it on, buckle, sink in... ah comfort.

MarkP
08-31-2006, 12:45 AM
now how about a tempur pedic vest liner, put it on, buckle, sink in... ah comfort.
Really??
I was never impressed?? I realize your only kidding about the vest thing..

Seriously though. I have tried various little solutions to sleep issues I donít really have and top shelf Tequila works best..

ntidsl
08-31-2006, 07:22 AM
i bought a Dormian...same concept...1/4 of the price and i freakin love it...I sleep like a rock on it and I've had it for 18 month and I still love getting into it at night!!!!!!

Leroy
08-31-2006, 07:22 AM
I've never tried one. Never have sleep problems.

This is a thread to itself!

Really??
I was never impressed?? I realize your only kidding about the vest thing..

Seriously though. I have tried various little solutions to sleep issues I donít really have and top shelf Tequila works best..

Hoff1
08-31-2006, 07:41 AM
I bought a different generic brand from http://emattress.com/. At one time, their website had a claim that Money Magazine rated it same/similar quality for less.

I purchased one due to this claim and will never own a standard mattress again. I've had it for 2 years now and as ntidsl said, I still love getting into it everynight - especially after a week long business trip where I've been on a pitiful hotel spring mattress. Quite a bit of my back pain has subsided and I sleep through the night more often than not now. Before I'd be up every couple of hours. There are no hinderances to extracurricular activities either - it's just a little different.:D

I realize the tempur pedic is probably the best hands down, but I wasn't going drop a $2500 on a bed that I wasn't sure about. I paid just under $1000 for a queen, 10" thick and the metal frame shipped to my door.

stevo137
08-31-2006, 08:27 AM
I started with the pillow about 7 years ago and it really helped my stiff neck. We have had the king size Tempur for just over 6 years and love it. It is beginning to sink in a bit on each side and they say it's mainly due to the fact that I didn't purchase their box spring. I don't agree with that, especially since it's on a firm box spring and platform.
I would recommend purchasing their full system with box spring to make sure that you get the warranty.
Either way, it has been a great bed. We don't toss and turn as we used to with the standard type matresses.
Here's a good link regarding the memory foam type matresses.

http://www.memoryfoambedbuyersguide.com/guide.html

"The trial is the key is must read" It does take a few days or so to get used to the bed and a trial period is a must due to the fact that it takes a few weeks to break in.

milkmania
08-31-2006, 08:57 AM
Exactly why we didn't buy one.........;)

they didn't let you take it on a test drive in the store, did they?