PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 09:08 PM
What hardware requirements are needed to run Windows XP? Thinking of building a car PC.

kennbarbie
08-30-2006, 09:12 PM
What hardware requirements are needed to run Windows XP? Thinking of building a car PC.

OK, you want to build a what???
Do you mean like processer speed, ram, hard drive space ect?

TMCNo1
08-30-2006, 09:15 PM

Just steal a police car! I would think some of the older ones would show up on e-bay, maybe not!

This double post stuff is getting old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6ballsisall
OK, you want to build a what???
Do you mean like processer speed, ram, hard drive space ect?

A car pc. A PC built into your car. Will have internet access, MP3, GPS, etc....

Just need to know what processor, ram, and min. hard drive it will take to run XP

kennbarbie
TMC has the right idea, they come with a free laptop, well the ones here in Canada do.
Dont forget about the radios and as a bonus, a free shotgun mounted between the seats.

kennbarbie
08-30-2006, 09:19 PM
OK, makes sence.

Processor: 1.2 ghz
Ram: 256
Hard drive: 6 gig min

If you need a mother board, let me know. have a ton of them for FREE

TMCNo1
08-30-2006, 09:22 PM
TMC has the right idea, they come with a free laptop, well the ones here in Canada do.
Dont forget about the radios and as a bonus, a free shotgun mounted between the seats.

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme You could even make your own COPS show! UMP could always ride shotgun and ask pedestrians, if they want to get in on the prop group buy!:eek:

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 09:24 PM
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme You could even make your own COPS show! UMP could always ride shotgun and ask pedestrians, if the want to get in on the prop group buy!:eek:

Next thing you know UMP's new comment will be "hey, wanna buy a prop?" :D

kennbarbie
08-30-2006, 09:27 PM
Im thingking that UMP is now the king of the prop group buy.
Dont for get the free donuts with the cop car.

TMCNo1
08-30-2006, 09:38 PM
Im thingking that UMP is now the king of the prop group buy.
Dont for get the free donuts with the cop car.

A dozen Krispy Kreme Donuts will get you a good 3 blade!

Footin
08-30-2006, 09:40 PM
I would want at least 512 of ram.

TMCNo1
08-30-2006, 09:40 PM
Didn't someone say UMP bought all the remaining pallets of props from MC that Jim@BAWS didn't buy?

Leroy
08-30-2006, 09:42 PM
Have you went off the deep end Deputy JR??? 8p

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-30-2006, 09:43 PM
Next thing you know UMP's new comment will be "hey, wanna buy a prop?" :D
yea, I am gonna be wearing a trenchcoat with a bunch of boat propellers hanging inside of it like a guy selling watches on the street;)

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Have you went off the deep end Deputy JR??? 8p

Leroy you met me. Wouldn't you say that is somewhat of a rhetorical question???

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 09:44 PM
yea, I am gonna be wearing a trenchcoat with a bunch of boat propellers hanging inside of it like a guy selling watches on the street;)

You know you love it UMP!!! :D

TMCNo1
08-30-2006, 09:52 PM

At least the guy selling watches had clothes on and only got arrested for selling w/o a license. You on the otherhand, would probably get arrested for public nudity, selling w/o a license. improper equipment, conceiled weapon and propstitution!

kennbarbie
08-30-2006, 09:57 PM
If you need a complete pc wit XP on it, send me your address, will ship it out tommarow to ya, all you have to do is cover the shipping.
Oh and get me a MC t-shirt.

LakePirate
08-30-2006, 09:58 PM
Dude get you an old police car keep the windows tinted and ride out.

Nobody is going to pull over a police car.

Pretty much anything you can buy today will run XP. Your Commodore 64 won't but anything new will. XP has been out for what, 5 years now. (side note I got on a 2000 box the other day to vote for Meaghan and wow, you would have thought I was carring a spear and wearing a loin cloth)

Are you looking at building it yourself?

Always buy more memory/ram than you need. In 6 months it will be the norm.

LakePirate
08-30-2006, 09:59 PM
If you need a complete pc wit XP on it, send me your address, will ship it out tommarow to ya, all you have to do is cover the shipping.
Oh and get me a MC t-shirt.

Dude you had better watch making comments like these or you are going to wind up like UMP.

/How many MC shirts do you want?

kennbarbie
08-30-2006, 10:19 PM
HAHA, The wife and I run a computer store. We have a ton of stuff we throw out everyday. Some of it is only a few months old. Hmmmmm, when I get my X14, i just might have to trade a PC for a prop. I guess i will have to talk to UMP and do some horse tradeing. lol

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 10:30 PM
HAHA, The wife and I run a computer store. We have a ton of stuff we throw out everyday. Some of it is only a few months old. Hmmmmm, when I get my X14, i just might have to trade a PC for a prop. I guess i will have to talk to UMP and do some horse tradeing. lol

Sent you a PM:D

Would be very interested in something small that would work as a cpu.

milkmania
08-30-2006, 11:56 PM
OK, makes sence.

Processor: 1.2 ghz
Ram: 256
Hard drive: 6 gig min

If you need a mother board, let me know. have a ton of them for FREE

you got an epox 8kta3 ???

mine went nipples up.... I loved that board:(

Leroy
08-31-2006, 12:00 AM
Right, technology and your drive know no limit! I guess I was shocked your question wasn't what is the fastest XP will run before the computer explodes! ON a side note what are you doing in the car so much? Where are you now anyway??? What car are you driving and planning on putting the pc in? Guess I know what brand it won't go in.....8p

Leroy you met me. Wouldn't you say that is somewhat of a rhetorical question???

Jesus_Freak
08-31-2006, 12:05 AM
You all are great!

milkmania
09-04-2006, 02:57 AM
http://www.sd-omega.com/

http://www.cappuccinopc.com/cappuccino.asp

http://www.cappuccinopc.com/
I saw the cube operate before.....not too shabby:rolleyes:

this one don't look too bad.... http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=189&products_id=4085&zenid=79e8b84f49b147671adb59156be2c24a