PDA

View Full Version : Ebay players

shepherd
08-30-2006, 08:46 PM
I got some things (like a ski) I want to sell on EBay. I guess some of you guys have done it. Is it fairly easy to register to sell things? I started to, but they're asking for a credit card number which makes me hesitate. Also, will I need to sign up for paypal or something? Have you had any bad experiences?

Thanks.

MarkP
08-30-2006, 08:47 PM
I got some things (like a ski) I want to sell on EBay. I guess some of you guys have done it. Is it fairly easy to register to sell things? I started to, but they're asking for a credit card number which makes me hesitate. Also, will I need to sign up for paypal or something? Have you had any bad experiences?

Thanks.its all good

ski_king
08-30-2006, 08:51 PM
I sold a few skis and bought a few, no problems.

Beware of email that looks like it came from ebay asking you to verify your account......

brianaw26
08-30-2006, 08:58 PM
I have about 100 feedback and I have only had problems with 1 or 2 bad ebayers...

billr
08-30-2006, 09:01 PM

Maristar210
08-30-2006, 09:16 PM
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=9372&highlight=sell+opinions+needed

Here's one of my transactions gone bad. Read it. I will never accept Paypal again for the payment of a large item. The buyer can dispute for any reason he chooses and then it puts your account in hold status until the dispute is resolved. It took me over a month. Paypal is fine for small stuff but they will never get my 3% on a large item again. Paypal is guilty until you prove your innocence and I am no crook.

They are asking for a CC number to charge fees to for listings. That part is legit and cool. You can list it with a Certified Check or Money order as payment if you choose but there are lots of fakes out there. I like to see the whites of the buyers eye's, shake his hand and have him hand me one hundred dollar bills. Call me old fashioned but no one ever put a hold ora lein on a stack of hundies in my pocket....

Steve

mattsn
08-30-2006, 10:16 PM
I have sold 5 jetskis, an ATV, a Boston Whaler and a Honda Accord all through eBay along with numerous smaller items. Never had a problem. I will accept Paypal, but often get buyers to contact me and we arrange for cash or another method to avoid fees.

slink976
08-30-2006, 11:13 PM
save the commision charge and sell on craigslist.org you'll sell it faster with less hassels!

slink976
08-30-2006, 11:16 PM
and on here, in the market place

milkmania
08-30-2006, 11:47 PM
don't worry about putting your credit card info out on the internet.

it's already out there and it's attached to your social security number......

lol

MarkP
08-31-2006, 01:03 AM

lolLMAO:cool: !!!
HeII, I remember this one time some dude sent me a book to read and I didnít unpack/read it for a year..
Internet is a crazy place, but Iím ok with it..

shepherd
08-31-2006, 08:15 AM

lol

That would be funny, except you're probably right! :(

east tx skier
08-31-2006, 10:40 AM
Ebay is fine, but you need to be careful just like every other transaction.

I would put it on ski-it-again, all the boat websites, and the Nicholl's forum (as well as Craig's List, etc) for a week before I paid to list it anywhere. I have two paypal accounts. One takes credit cards. The other doesn't. The one that doesn't is no fee up to $500 per month if they do direct transfers from their bank.