PDA

View Full Version : fuel injector cleaner

tbishop
08-29-2006, 06:54 AM
anyone have any thoughts or experiences? Has anyone cleaned theirs and seen a differnce? does it need to be done on a regular basis. Just trying to keep my baby in tip top condition.

phecksel
08-29-2006, 11:37 AM
anyone have any thoughts or experiences? Has anyone cleaned theirs and seen a differnce? does it need to be done on a regular basis. Just trying to keep my baby in tip top condition.
I haven't found anything that works better then this (http://www.chevron.com/products/prodserv/fuels/additives/concentrate_plus.shtml) But, wouldn't waste my money unless I felt there was a problem. Rough idle would usually be the first clue.

jraben8
08-29-2006, 12:12 PM
I'll run a 2 cans of Seafoam through my truck every 15K or so. I'm not sure if it really helps but I haven't had any injector issues in 95K miles.

John B
08-29-2006, 01:00 PM
I put LUCAS, Upper Cylinder Lubricant in my gas all the time.It saids that it has Injector Cleaners, and Fuel Conditioners,and that will neutralizes poor quality fuel. Not sure if it works, but it for good piece of mine. I pay under $10 for bottle that will treat 100 gallons of gas.

MYMC
08-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Redline SI-1...none better.

cwright
09-07-2006, 01:47 PM
This is one of those topics where a lot of people have opinions, and very few of us have real data. So with that disclaimer, and based solely on my own experience, I have had good luck with $1.99 bottles of gumout injector/carb cleaner, good luck with SeaFoam, and good luck with the $10.00 Chevron. My old boat had a recurring problem with the carb accelerator pump and gum or wax build up with winters gas, so every spring I would dump in a product, and they always had an instantaneous improvement and elimination of the hesitation related to the build up. I prefer Chevron products, but sometimes when the wallet is thin, I have opted for Gumout, and the result was the same. So it's hard to say for certain which one is superior. One would like to think that you get what you pay for, but Chevron has that hefty advertising budget they have to cover, and I'm not sure of the mark up they put on these type of products.