PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboarding in Disney?

lav
08-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Heard they have it setup inside the park just wondering if any knows any info like price and can you bring your own equip things of that nature?

I will be there over xmas holidays and would love to get some tug time in , dont get to much bording in winter in WV cooooold that time of year

PS great site great info HUGE plus for me closests MC dealer is over 120miles from where i live (zip 26041) my friends and i refer to it as the a**hole of the boating world only 2 dealers within 50 miles both sell and service four winns and bayliner

thanks again in advance
GREG

wesgardner
08-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Dunno about in the park but there's always OWC

lav
08-29-2006, 05:22 PM
could you clue me in on OWC ,web site whatever info you have i appreicate hate to be stuck whole week in park anyhow.

thanks
GREG

Cary K.
08-29-2006, 05:42 PM
I seem to recall Sammy Duvall running a program out on Disneys grounds, and of course he uses MC Boats.

OWC is definitely worth the trip. Try this www.orlandowatersports.com

dog paw
08-29-2006, 05:52 PM
PS great site great info HUGE plus for me closests MC dealer is over 120miles from where i live

thanks again in advance
GREG

Swanton?? Been a while since I have been to deep creek

lav
08-29-2006, 09:08 PM
thanks cary i heard that they used MC boats
definitly will be at OWC

WTRSK1R
08-31-2006, 02:46 PM
Yes Disney has on property watersports. I have not used it, but about 5 years ago I called and inquired. You can bring your own equipment if you are planning on taking a lesson, or you can use theirs. I would call to confirm the details. Here is a link to a website with more info:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/moreMagic/otherRecDetail?id=OtherRecWaterSportsDetailPage

Steve

lav
08-31-2006, 05:03 PM
thank you wtrsk1r i am checking right now if it will be up and running in dec. can't wait i will probally still do OWC 1 day also

lav
09-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Swanton?? Been a while since I have been to deep creek
i dont know if you were talking to me or not but i am not Swanton

shepherd
09-04-2006, 01:18 PM
OWC is a cool place for wakeboarding. They even have a separate lake with a boat if you want a real wake. I don't know what Disney charges, but I expect OWC will be a lot cheaper too.

Also, if you're going during Xmas bring your wetsuit. It won't be freezing, but it can be chilly enough to make you uncomfortable.

lav
09-04-2006, 02:40 PM
def will have the wetsuit i think you are right dis is like $200an hour OWC $175 gets 3 sessions behind boat and all day cable pass

Mikey
09-07-2006, 12:57 PM
$200 PER HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Maybe I need to get into that business.

Leroy
09-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Sounds like a Disney rate! :eek:

$200 PER HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Maybe I need to get into that business.

dog paw
09-07-2006, 01:52 PM
i dont know if you were talking to me or not but i am not Swanton

LOL! Sorry, Swanton is the town where the MC dealer is (or was) @ Deep creek Lake. I had the idea you were in the Martinsburg W Va area.

I'm assumeing they would be the closest dealer. That was the last place I got sticker shock from:D

Mikey
09-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Sounds like a Disney rate! :eek:

LOL. I just got back from taking my family there and yes it does sound like a disney rate. Nevermind the gas companies charging too much for their product, Disney is outrageous!

lav
09-07-2006, 07:40 PM
LOL! Sorry, Swanton is the town where the MC dealer is (or was) @ Deep creek Lake. I had the idea you were in the Martinsburg W Va area.

I'm assumeing they would be the closest dealer. That was the last place I got sticker shock from:D

no colombus OH has MC dealer and PA but ithink dealer search stated colombus was closer,the problem here (in WV) no competition that is why the prices of boats are so high went to that dealer and felt the same sticker shock
if you are passing thru on I 70 in wheeling let me know we can hook up

Leroy
09-07-2006, 08:14 PM
I've been there several times and Disney makes even snow skiing with the family seem cheap. But it is a must that everyone has to do! I think.....

LOL. I just got back from taking my family there and yes it does sound like a disney rate. Nevermind the gas companies charging too much for their product, Disney is outrageous!

Mikey
09-07-2006, 08:34 PM
I've been there several times and Disney makes even snow skiing with the family seem cheap. But it is a must that everyone has to do! I think.....

Yes it is a must especially if you have children. Im glad I did it and Im done with it and dont have to do it again.