PDA

View Full Version : New Posts Button

sfitzgerald351
11-17-2004, 05:09 PM
This is pretty dumb, but I'm really excited that I finally figured out how to jump to the newest unread (by me) post in a thread. After hitting the New Post button up on the main menu bar, just click the little down arrow box to the left of the thread name. It'll jump you right to the latest post you haven't read. Great for those long threads...

Can anyone tell, I'm procrastinating from studying for the competitive strategy exam I have tomorrow... :eek:

dmac
11-17-2004, 05:15 PM
Well, I learned something there. Scott, back to the books.

Mag_Red
11-17-2004, 05:23 PM
Very good grasshopper :D

JimN
11-17-2004, 07:02 PM
Somewhere, there's a way to set it so the last post is on top instead of at the back.

Leroy
11-17-2004, 09:06 PM
You can change how the messages are displayed by:

User CP at the top
Edit Options
THen go to Thread Display Mode half way down the page.

Or else you are scrolling around forever! Many other thread/display options also. Making you life better with software ;)

sfitzgerald351
11-17-2004, 09:15 PM
I discovered the different display options a while back and after trying them all out, decided that I liked having it linear, with the oldest on top since I read top to bottom and like reading posts in order since often times they build on each other. But until I found the 'view first unread button' I had to do a bit of scrolling to find where I left off. Now I'm totally up to speed. This BB is pretty good. Gives you lots of options for how YOU want to see things.

tex
11-18-2004, 08:59 AM
i am still trying to figure out how to post my own pics? can someone explain it in Texan?

Ric
11-18-2004, 11:55 AM
There is one next to the name of the person who posted last as well which will jump you to the very latest post of the thread.

sfitzgerald351
11-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Tex,

Not sure how my Texan is. All I know about is how to drive a big truck and that all y'all is the plural of y'all.

What happens when you try to post photos? Did you follow the instructions on the front page to get Irfanview and how to shrink your pictures so they are small enough? Then when writing a post you just click the manage attachments button and browse to the now small file. Voila! If you want the pictures to show up as the picture, just attach one picture per message. If you attach more than 1 they show up as links.

tex
11-18-2004, 03:44 PM
double heli w/split test!

dmac
11-18-2004, 04:40 PM
Successful test I would say.

Tex - we used to live in Benbrook, not far from that lake and we have a small piece of property still in Granbury. What lake to you go to out there?