PDA

View Full Version : Change cover tie downs

Kell
08-02-2004, 02:15 AM
My original 99 MC cover uses the double "D" ring for the tie downs to the trailer. I've been thinking of changing the double D ring system to the snap plastic buckles. My primarily reason is for when the boat is on the water overnight and I want to use the cover to keep dew off the seats for the morning and just using the permiter rope, the webbing straps just are in the way or lay in the water unless I tie them up which is just a PITA. I don't want to spend the $ for a moring cover. Has anyone changed their D ring system to the buckle type? Seems one could just unbuckle the snap buckles just leaving the permiter rope. What type of tie down system comes with the new covers? Seems I should be able to take the cover to a upolstry shop and have them change it out or DIY project. Anyone have any pictures of their buckles so I can see how the system works? Pros or cons? Thanks.

captkidd
08-02-2004, 02:00 PM
I just throw my straps across the top of the boat and tie them in pairs using the same type bow you use whey tying your shoes. This seems easier than buckling/unbuckling and storing the straps, especially when each one is a different length.

Kell
08-04-2004, 12:26 AM
Good idea Captkidd :)

Leroy
08-05-2004, 09:41 PM
I have the same and just push the straps under the cover and tie down the two straps that go through the lift rings on the back of the boat. Between the nose and those two points it holds it very well. Mine has been like that all summer on the lake, but agree the straps are kind of a pain. If someone has better solution I'll jump on it also!