PDA

View Full Version : Public TV, the 60's experience

Leroy
08-26-2006, 01:01 AM
Friday night, Public TV had the greatest bands from the 60's.....really incredible, left my wife and I looking for a .....bong...then nothing to put in it anyway.....Pink Floyd is still great, really great and they had the Blue Man Show on earlier this week, PTV rocks this week. Here you go man and they played more tonight....

From the 1994 Division Bell tour: David Gilmour and Co. perform such Pink Floyd classics as “Breathe,” “Comfortably Numb,” “Money” and “Wish You Were Here.” Also: “Shine On You Crazy Diamond”; “Learning to Fly”; “Time/Breathe Reprise”; “Us & Them.”

The music of the '60s is featured in a retrospective that combines modern concert appearances with archival footage. Included: “Nowhere to Run,” by Martha Reeves; and “Purple Haze,” by Jimi Hendrix. Hosts: Roger McGuinn and Chuck Negron.

mbeach
08-28-2006, 10:55 PM
saw the band's last waltz on ptv the other night. i believe they used to be the backup band for bob dylan, right?? love levon's rendition of cripple creek.

JimN
08-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Do you have XM? I just changed to satellite TV (sorry Leroy) and it came with XM. I'm in hog heaven with the stuff they play. Some of it I haven't heard since it was fairly new, in the early/mid/late '70s. Deep Tracks, Fred, Fine Tuning are pretty amazing.