PDA

View Full Version : Three blade or Four blade prop

badams
08-25-2006, 08:29 PM
I bent the prop on my 2006 X2 this week. I'm taking it to be reconditioned tomorrow. The guy at the shop says he has the same size in a three blade prop that he can sell me to use for the weekend while mines being repaired. He's telling me that in I shouldn't notice much difference in the two props. Is this the case? It seems like there would be a difference or MC wouldn't use the 4 blade to start with. Any help would really be appreciated.

Ramhouse
08-25-2006, 08:48 PM
I carry a four blade and three blade. I know my boat is different but here's my opinion. Four blade when skiing. and when it is a wakeboarding and surfing session, the three blade goes on. Seems that when the three blade is on the wake is more uniform, and easier to keep a constant speed. And for surfing it seems bigger and better shape, especially if the water is deep.

NeilM
08-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Personal preference, in my opinion. a properly sized 3-blade should be just as good as a 4 - blade.

limegreen
08-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Four blades took over for a few years, but now that manufacturing process is so good that the three blades are coming back. They make them with such accuracy that vibration is not an issue... Three blade is actually a more effecient prop.

limegreen
08-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Correct size and pitch is more important than type. ACME hooked me up - corrected my prop size for the high altitudes we run at here in UT. :)

-cg-

Four blades took over for a few years, but now that manufacturing process is so good that the three blades are coming back. They make them with such accuracy that vibration is not an issue... Three blade is actually a more effecient prop.