PDA

View Full Version : Schnizt's 2005 Ski Test

east tx skier
11-16-2004, 03:08 PM
It just starts earlier every year. Looks like he has commitments from KD, D3, Connelly, Goode, and HO. Apparently, the SIXAM is the same, and he tested it last year. I know there are lots of people that for one reason or another don't really like Schnitz's style, but I, for one, like following the test.

Ric
11-16-2004, 03:25 PM
I'd probably send him one if I was mfg...
-
It just makes you start thinking you need a new ski when you probably don't.
-

Mag_Red
11-16-2004, 03:36 PM
Do you have a link to the test results???

MarkP
11-16-2004, 03:47 PM
http://www.schnitzskis.com/pages/460743/index.htm :wavey:

Mag_Red
11-16-2004, 04:07 PM
http://www.schnitzskis.com/pages/460743/index.htm :wavey: :toast: Thanks!

Mag_Red
11-16-2004, 04:28 PM
:confused: So where were the 2004 results........I was all over that site. which was way :cool: , but didn't see any results page. I take it he like the Goode Ski the best??

sfitzgerald351
11-16-2004, 04:57 PM
Who is this Schnitz guy?

He's got some screwy ideas for sure (let's put a building over a ski lake because it will save on evaporation and people would pay me $2500 / year to ski at 3AM). His theory on coordinate skiing is interesting, but if this Dr. Jim guy is sooo good why have I never heard of him? And although it's nice to have an 'unbiased' test I'm not sure that how this guy skis has much relationship to how I ski... What does this guy do for a living? The website is interesting but a mess (organizationally) and I'm not sure what to make of it all.

Ric
11-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Fitz I bet that site looks like a day in the life of schnitz

He used to sell perfect pass and other stuff cheap and I believe that all he does is ski for a living doing clinics and stuff.
His claim to fame is that he invented the adjustable fin (or was it the wing? OR both?)
I can't remember but it appears that as many people like him as dislike him.

Be sure to read his soap opera okeheelee turns on his site, it's funny.
either he is a huge pain in the *** or those locals are some real jerks. (it probably all lands somewhere in between if I had to guess)

Leroy
11-16-2004, 07:17 PM
This guy can write a bunch of stuff! It is pretty interesting to read.

sfitzgerald351
11-16-2004, 11:42 PM
Couldn't find the Soap Opera on his site... Found a link after 15 minutes of digging, but it was no good.

I guess this guy is an expert and knows his stuff. But he could really use a course on PR and tact by the looks of it.

Heck, even a simple white paper on his coordinate method of skiing would be better than 4 months of blog posts on why it will dominate without quite enough infomation to let me understand what he is proposing. I guess I just don't get it. :confused:

Since this guy invented the foil and movable fin that begs a question as to whether people move their fins around a lot... I'm going to start a new thread so don't answer this question here.