PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Fleece

Datdude
08-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Has anyone here heard of Beyond Fleece? They are a company that makes custom fit jackets and pants in fleece and soft shell materials. I have been thinking about it for a year or so and I think I am going to order one of their soft shell jackets. I just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with them. Their website is www.beyondfleece.com

Thanks

Maristar210
08-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Has anyone here heard of Beyond Fleece? They are a company that makes custom fit jackets and pants in fleece and soft shell materials. I have been thinking about it for a year or so and I think I am going to order one of their soft shell jackets. I just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with them. Their website is www.beyondfleece.com

Thanks

Never heard of them. Let us know what you think when you get it. I wore a Columbia Climbers fleece as my winter jacket last year, loved it.

Steve

BuoyChaser
08-24-2006, 11:45 AM

Thanks
if they make decent "windproof" fleece pants, let me know...have yet to find any good ones out there...even like a "smartwool" feel for pants would be great...my acorns work great in keeping my toes warm after a cold set...getting that time of year!!!

BuoyChaser
08-24-2006, 12:07 PM
ouch $135 for windbloc fleece pants, OUCH...
http://www.beyondfleece.com/products/mens/windbloc_fleece/pants/

Datdude
08-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Their products are not cheap, but if they are good......then it may be worth it.

I like the fact that they are custom fit.

loeweb
08-24-2006, 12:46 PM
what about fleece lined rash guards. its going to be that time of year soon enough, and I was wandering if anyone knows if someone still makes them. I haven't had any luck finding them yet. thanks.

LakePirate
08-24-2006, 12:49 PM
what about fleece lined rash guards. its going to be that time of year soon enough, and I was wandering if anyone knows if someone still makes them. I haven't had any luck finding them yet. thanks.

I saw one at a surf shop in the Outer Banks this summer. Don't remember the manufacturer, only remember that it wasn't my size.

They are still out there

bigmac
11-11-2006, 10:26 AM

Thanks

I looked them up after seeing this post and ordered the Vayu Cold Fusion Pants and Jacket. Not cheap (I added some additional pockets etc), but I gotta say this stuff is absolutely top-quality action wear and considering it's custom-made to my specified measurements, I think the price is very reasonable for this level of quality after comparing to similar stuff in other upscale action clothing catalogues. Waterproof and windproof, very impressive in design, fit, and construction. They have a very extensive list of designs and options. Thanks for the tip.

Datdude
11-11-2006, 01:45 PM
I looked them up after seeing this post and ordered the Vayu Cold Fusion Pants and Jacket. Not cheap (I added some additional pockets etc), but I gotta say this stuff is absolutely top-quality action wear and considering it's custom-made to my specified measurements, I think the price is very reasonable for this level of quality after comparing to similar stuff in other upscale action clothing catalogues. Waterproof and windproof, very impressive in design, fit, and construction. They have a very extensive list of designs and options. Thanks for the tip.

Glad you like the stuff. How long did it take to receive it after ordering? I will hopefully be ordering one in the next week or so. They have too many choices:confused:

I was originally going to use the jacket for snowmobiling off-trail on the warmer days, but found a Klim Gore-Tex pullover for that.

bigmac
11-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Glad you like the stuff. How long did it take to receive it after ordering? I will hopefully be ordering one in the next week or so. They have too many choices:confused:

I was originally going to use the jacket for snowmobiling off-trail on the warmer days, but found a Klim Gore-Tex pullover for that.It would have been about a week + shipping but they ran out of black for the back color of the pants so I waited an additional 2 weeks rather than picking another color. They do have a lot of choices.