PDA

View Full Version : Great Crash Video

TTAdmin
11-15-2004, 03:11 PM
I can't remember exactly who sent this to me to upload...Neil M? Anyhow it is courtesy of that person. Great video of some good wipeouts. Enjoy!

http://www.tmcowners.com/downloads/wipeouts.wmv

tph
11-15-2004, 04:46 PM
Thanks for sharing! We never seem to capture our mishaps. Having spent much of my youth on a narrow river I can relate to the "weed skiing"!

Barefoot57
11-15-2004, 05:29 PM
Crash videos are always fun to see, however, many of the clips in the video show a total lack of responsibility. What are these drivers thinking? More importantly, why would you be willing to ski behind a boat driven by someone like that? Having fun is one thing, but acting without a brain is another story. Accidents can happen in a flash, and someone's life can be changed forever. If that doesn't make you think twice about doing something dumb, remember that higher insurance rates hit everyone when "accidents" go up. I just hope that non of the towboats were MasterCraft's in any those clips.

sfitzgerald351
11-15-2004, 05:39 PM
Great video! But that said I'm amazed at what I saw. Darwin should be working overtime.

Reminds me of when I taught skiing in San Diego (rough life :D ) we would pull the skier off the beach, do a loop of the bay and then drop them back at the beach and then back in to pull the next person (assembly line waterskiing). On Fridays we'd have 60 people and 6 boats so you'd have to be alert. If we saw someone angling to hit the beach we just drop them where they were and made them swim in, while circling back to protect them from the other 5 boats. A long swim sucks, but it's better than hitting the beach and doing a faceplant. I sometimes wonder what drivers look at while they drive...

MarkP
11-15-2004, 09:10 PM
I'll say, EH!!:banana:

Lake_Tippy_Skier
11-15-2004, 09:48 PM
funny!!! :popcorn:

mitch
11-15-2004, 10:52 PM
TT, that was a riot! Thx

jimmer2880
11-16-2004, 07:01 AM
Good stuff.... I love the "dock starts" that started with slack in the rope. That had to hurt!

BriEOD
11-16-2004, 09:33 AM
OUCH!!!!! :eek:

atlfootr
11-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Great flick, thanks for sharing. Totally enjoy'd watch'n it w/ the wife and dog :toast:

Leroy
11-16-2004, 11:51 AM
Someone is going to get hurt if they keep that up! I can't believe some people. Those tubers look like they want to die.

I really enjoyed it :D

sfitzgerald351
11-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Those tubers look like they want to die.

Isn't that the definition of tubing?

I must admit to professing a great love for tubing and I've definitely sent tubers farther in the air than in that video. I hate not being on the boat and let's face it, once the lake gets choppy it's about the only thing that fun to do... It's funny though, my friends have labeled my favorite technique to send the tuber into the air the 'circle of death' :eek: and every year less people are willing to go. I think they are just getting old... :D

NeilM
11-16-2004, 03:26 PM
I can't remember exactly who sent this to me to upload...Neil M?

Yep. It was me. You just have to shake your head and hope they're not at YOUR lake!