PDA

View Full Version : Belt replacement

mrG
08-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Couldn't find this topic on a search. What is the procedure for changing the v-belt on the Indmar 351? I looks like the support bracket on the raw water pump and some hoses might need to come off. I'm sure it's a simple process. I just need to know the correct steps.

My belt has started squealing so I figure it needs to be replaced.

Thanks

Farmer Ted
08-20-2006, 11:48 PM
Couldn't find this topic on a search. What is the procedure for changing the v-belt on the Indmar 351? I looks like the support bracket on the raw water pump and some hoses might need to come off. I'm sure it's a simple process. I just need to know the correct steps.

My belt has started squealing so I figure it needs to be replaced.

Thanks

we did it to Brad's boat on the water and only removed the bracket that comes off the impeller housing to the engine (two bolts on the engine) I think

nothing too hard, but I'm sure others will chime in.

88 PS190
08-20-2006, 11:51 PM
loosen the belt at the alternator, then pull the two bolts that attach the mount to the engine, and slide the belt out through the gap.

Isn't difficult but be careful about the wires on the alternator when you're retensioning the belt, or you'll be doing some crimping.

mrG
08-21-2006, 08:22 AM
Thanks. I figured it had to be something like that.

When tighening the altenator/belt tension about how much deflection in the belt when pressed? A half inch or so?