PDA

View Full Version : '07 Denali Truck

BrianM
08-18-2006, 02:14 PM
Found some pictures of the new Denali truck. Very nice indeed.

BrianM
08-18-2006, 02:16 PM
And the regular Sierra.

Hoff1
08-18-2006, 02:17 PM
Nice,
I looked at one of these that was used for $43k. What's a new one run?

BrianM
08-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Nice,
I looked at one of these that was used for $43k. What's a new one run?

No pricing yet but I am sure the Denali truck will go in the upper $40k to lower $50k range. No more 4 wheel steering though.

ski_king
08-18-2006, 02:22 PM
Nice, first glance I thought it was a F-150.

sm_97pirate
08-18-2006, 02:39 PM
I agree. Does look similar to F-150. But it is a sweet looking pickup, that's for sure!!

bigmac
08-18-2006, 02:52 PM
I had an '03 Denali pickup and I really liked it, primarily for the 4 wheel steering. As a tow vehicle, it was absolutely superb with the Quadrasteer and the big power train. Total average gas mileage, however, over the 50,000 miles that I owned it was 14.1 mpg (according to the computer).

I would have bought an 06 Denali, or waited for an '07 Denali except that it didn't meet my needs. No extended cab, Crew Cab only -that doesn't even make sense to me. If I could get by with a 5 foot bed, why would I get a pickup instead of a Yukon? Dumb, dumb, dumb IMHO. Even so, I'd consider it if they still had Quadrasteer, but -- nope...

I ended up with a plain ol' Sierra Extended cab Z71 pickup with E85 engine and 3.42 rear end. It gets 20 mpg (hwy) and pulls the 7800 lb horse trailer just fine.

Workin' 4 Toys
08-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Short bed looks very "short".....

Workin' 4 Toys
08-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Since they look so short, might as well give them a real "short" turning radius..:rolleyes:

Maristar210
08-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Interesting comment BIGMAC, I had an 03 Sierra Denali as well. I loved it but hated the reverse rear door and always wanted a 4 door. The bed. What is it you haul that is okay for 6.5 feet but not okay for 5.5 feet? IV bags? cadivors? (sp)?

I like the 4 dr......

Steve

PS I got mine for 34k in 2003....

Archimedes
08-18-2006, 07:14 PM
No pricing yet but I am sure the Denali truck will go in the upper $40k to lower $50k range. No more 4 wheel steering though.

Nice truck but that's insane. Why would these be more expensive than the new Avalanche? I thought the Avalanche was always more expensive than the crew cab pickups, and the 07 Avalanche can be had right now for $40k with all the bells and whistles.

bigmac
08-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Interesting comment BIGMAC, I had an 03 Sierra Denali as well. I loved it but hated the reverse rear door and always wanted a 4 door. The bed. What is it you haul that is okay for 6.5 feet but not okay for 5.5 feet? IV bags? cadivors? (sp)?

I like the 4 dr......

Steve

PS I got mine for 34k in 2003....

Lumber, steel, dirt bikes, quad, snowmobile -- add a tool box to the bed and you might as well have a rumble seat. That extra foot was a deal-breaker regarding the things for which I need a pickup truck. If I wanted a back seat in exchange for crippled carrying capacity, I'd buy a Yukon wherein I at least have the option of folding the rear seats down. I mean, if it's a pickup truck, then it ought to be a pickup truck. If it has to have full seating for 5, then in ought to be an SUV. I'm not grasping the concept from the marketing geniuses at General Motors...

BrianM
08-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Nice truck but that's insane. Why would these be more expensive than the new Avalanche? I thought the Avalanche was always more expensive than the crew cab pickups, and the 07 Avalanche can be had right now for $40k with all the bells and whistles.

The Denali of the past has always stickered right at the very top of the Avalanche. You can option a 4x4 Av up to $50k with navigation, rear set dvd backup camera, power running boards and the 6.0 liter engine.

bigmac
08-19-2006, 10:13 AM
The bed. What is it you haul that is okay for 6.5 feet but not okay for 5.5 feet? IV bags? cadivors? (sp)?

I need plenty of room.

http://mccollister.info/denali.jpg

http://mccollister.info/bed.jpg

bigmac
08-19-2006, 10:19 AM
When I bought my 2003 Denali, there were no options IIRC. The interior had some hokey plastic wood trim and a different (rather inconvenient) console arrangement, but the extra cost was the Quadrasteer, 6.0 liter engine, tranny, and every possible interior and electronic option. For my current purposes, the 2006 Sierra I bought to replace it serves my needs every bit as well as the Denali, and even better from a gas mileage standpoint. The only things I miss are the Homelink garage door buttons and the 4 wheel steering.

Archimedes
08-19-2006, 10:58 AM
The Denali of the past has always stickered right at the very top of the Avalanche. You can option a 4x4 Av up to $50k with navigation, rear set dvd backup camera, power running boards and the 6.0 liter engine.

Interesting, I did not know that. I recently checked out the Avalanche as a possible replacement for my Touareg and I thought I was looking at a top of the line, every option truck (LTZ, if I recall correctly) and the deal I could make was right at $40k + TTL. I think the sticker was around $43k and change. Which is kinda crazy in and of itself for what essentially is a pickup truck, albeit with a little more SUV type utility. I did like the truck though.

BrianM
08-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Interesting, I did not know that. I recently checked out the Avalanche as a possible replacement for my Touareg and I thought I was looking at a top of the line, every option truck (LTZ, if I recall correctly) and the deal I could make was right at $40k + TTL. I think the sticker was around $43k and change. Which is kinda crazy in and of itself for what essentially is a pickup truck, albeit with a little more SUV type utility. I did like the truck though.

The power running boards and the 6.0 are late introduction options. Trade that Touareg in for one, you won't be sorry. I just bought a 2wd LTZ and absolutely love it. Stickered for right at $41k. Had a GM supplier discount which made it $37k minus the $1,500 trade assistance. So they can definitely be had for less. Much nicer truck than my '03 Sierra Extended Cab.

Workin' 4 Toys
08-19-2006, 07:28 PM
Brian, off track a touch, but what are getting for MPG's in that?And are you running E85?
BTW, I love that truck.

Maristar210
08-19-2006, 08:47 PM
When I bought my 2003 Denali, there were no options IIRC. The interior had some hokey plastic wood trim and a different (rather inconvenient) console arrangement, but the extra cost was the Quadrasteer, 6.0 liter engine, tranny, and every possible interior and electronic option. For my current purposes, the 2006 Sierra I bought to replace it serves my needs every bit as well as the Denali, and even better from a gas mileage standpoint. The only things I miss are the Homelink garage door buttons and the 4 wheel steering.

I agree with that as a current 1500 GMC Ext cab owner. I liked pulling into the parking lots with that 4WS on my old Denali.

Nice Stethescope....

Steve

BrianM
08-20-2006, 10:57 AM
Brian, off track a touch, but what are getting for MPG's in that?And are you running E85?
BTW, I love that truck.

I am getting cr@p for mileage. So far with about 3500 miles I have been averaging 16.5-17mpg. That is about 65% hwy 35% city driving. My '03 Sierra averaged 18 with the same driving. The Avalanche does have 3.73 gears an extra 35hp and is 1200 lbs heavier than the Sierra though. Sierra sticker said 15 city 19 hwy. Av sticker said 15 city 21 hwy so I figured the Av would be doing better. The whole Active Fuel Managment thing doesn't seem to help. The ride is worth the loss in mileage though so I am not really complaining.

No E85 stations in Louisiana. Closest one to me is about 350 miles away in Houston.

Archimedes
08-20-2006, 03:45 PM
The power running boards and the 6.0 are late introduction options. Trade that Touareg in for one, you won't be sorry. I just bought a 2wd LTZ and absolutely love it. Stickered for right at $41k. Had a GM supplier discount which made it $37k minus the $1,500 trade assistance. So they can definitely be had for less. Much nicer truck than my '03 Sierra Extended Cab.

Yeah, I love that thing. You had to post a pic didn't ya?
;)

After just writing a big check for my X-1, I need to digest that before I buy anything else. My Treg is paid for and performs fantastically (when it's running of course...:( )

michael freeman
08-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah, I love that thing. You had to post a pic didn't ya?
;)

After just writing a big check for my X-1, I need to digest that before I buy anything else. My Treg is paid for and performs fantastically (when it's running of course...:( )

I hear that.

A good chunk of my extra money is going to pay down a new MC as well. I think I need a raise. :D