PDA

View Full Version : PK Labor Day Weekend

sanjuan23
08-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Anyone planning on being on Possum Kingdom during the Labor Day weekend? Have not been out that way in years. Would enjoy meeting up with anyone planning on being out that way.

Leroy
08-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Sanjuan23; Don't take this the wrong way.....I was about to think you were Dooker or Hillbillytuber.....so there is a place on the lake called Possum Kingdom?

Brazos Bum
08-17-2006, 10:39 AM
Sanjuan23; Don't take this the wrong way.....I was about to think you were Dooker or Hillbillytuber.....so there is a place on the lake called Possum Kingdom?

He!! boy, we got us a whole durn lake called Possum Kingdom.....

michael freeman
08-17-2006, 11:05 AM
He!! boy, we got us a whole durn lake called Possum Kingdom.....

You got that right, an it's a deep'un too. :)

michael freeman
08-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Anyone planning on being on Possum Kingdom during the Labor Day weekend? Have not been out that way in years. Would enjoy meeting up with anyone planning on being out that way.

I might be out there on Labor day weekend, but no set plans as of yet. My boat is in the shop getting some repair and should be out before then.

What is Labor day like on PK? I've only been out there a few times. I assume He!!s gate is crowded. (BTW, He11's gate is a protected cove in some high cliffs where the sun sets and rises through the opening.

sanjuan23
08-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Well somehow we actually got a campsite reservation late Saturday evening. I really dont know about how crazy it might be out there. I have not been on the lake in years. I am just tired of Granbury on Holiday Weekends. My mindset is that if it's bad I'll just find a spot soak up some rays and down a few suds:)

pkskier
08-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Sanjuan, I will be there all weekend. It gets pretty crowded on the 3 dayers, but if you get out early good water can be found. What part of the lake will you be camping on?

sanjuan23
08-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Sanjuan, I will be there all weekend. It gets pretty crowded on the 3 dayers, but if you get out early good water can be found. What part of the lake will you be camping on?

Man I wish I could tell you the wife and her friend made the reservation it is at the state park. I am trying to locate a good lake map to find places to avoid etc.

pkskier
08-17-2006, 12:15 PM
The state park is on the Breckenridge side, it is straight across the lake from my place and where we normally ski is just around the corner. The lake is only 5 1/2' low so there are really no problems with hitting anything. If you go to the west from the state park and around that corner there are some trees that can cause some problems. But out on the main part of the lake there are no problems.

pkskier
08-17-2006, 12:16 PM
This year the BRA started water recreation permits for PK, you will need to have one for the weekend.

sanjuan23
08-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah had a friend tell me about that isnt around 5 a day or something?

pkskier
08-17-2006, 12:24 PM
It's something like that, I bought an annual for $50 but the have 1 day and weekend permits and I think 5 day. Lets see if we can get together when you are there.

pkskier
08-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Fees in upper right