PDA

View Full Version : Dog is back from Sturgis, Alive & well!

SkiDog
08-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Finally got home yesterday! 8 days was enough for me! Great scenery, great riding, LOTS of cold beers, very little rain, but man, was it HOT!
Pics to follow tonight!

TMCNo1
08-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Welcome home, we missed you! Can we remove your name from the list of missing in action?

slink976
08-15-2006, 12:05 PM
I heard the cops were out in effect this time. did you have any run ins?

SkiDog
08-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Welcome home, we missed you! Can we remove your name from the list of missing in action?

Yea, Dog is NO longer MIA! Extract me from the list!

SkiDog
08-15-2006, 12:23 PM
I heard the cops were out in effect this time. did you have any run ins?

We had no run ins with the law. They were out in force though. Seems that they heard there was gonna be trouble between the Hells Angels and the Outlaws. And they heard right. On Wed. afternoon, 2 H.A. members had the kahunna's to go into the Outlaws camp and start shooting. 5 members shot, 2 seriously. This all happened about 1 hour after we passed by their campsite. It was in Custer State Park. They drove off in their white P.U., got it stuck, then had to start walking! Well, they didn't get very far before a park ranger spoted them and called the cops. They are in jail with a 5 million dollar bond each. From the report I read, they should be out by now, cause the H.A. supposedly has assets that number in the 800 million range! Not bad for a bunch bikers!

Maristar210
08-15-2006, 12:48 PM
Every year about this time Budweiser stock skyrockets....

There were no drunk people with tattoo's were there?;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Steve

6ballsisall
08-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Where the heck did the Hells angels get 800 million in assets???????????

Maristar210
08-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Where the heck did the Hells angels get 800 million in assets???????????

drugs.....

6ballsisall
08-15-2006, 12:54 PM
drugs.....

How come the government can't seize that????? C'mon, 800mil and the government can't figure out a way to legally seize the illegal money?????

SkiDog
08-15-2006, 12:55 PM
drugs.....

They are HUGE meth manufacturers and dealers!

Maristar210
08-15-2006, 12:56 PM
How come the government can't seize that????? C'mon, 800mil and the government can't figure out a way to legally seize the illegal money?????

Got me. Maybe they call it membership dues? Remember the mafia?

Steve

SkiDog
Every year about this time Budweiser stock skyrockets....

There were no drunk people with tattoo's were there?;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Steve

I only saw two people with tatoos and only 1 guy drinking beer!:D

slink976
ahh
smart little guys i knowe there lawyer. Actually most of there money is from donations and they have setup a non profit to except them. damndest thing is drug dealers donating

SD190EVO
08-15-2006, 01:10 PM
On Saturday we were in Keystone SD stopping at the Red Garter for a drink around Noon during our Custer ride and there were rifled-police on the roofs of all the buildings of this small (Gold-rush style) town.

I got pulled over later that night for riding with sun glasses at night returning from the Full Throttle. Thank GOD I blew an OK breath.

SkiDog
08-15-2006, 01:13 PM
I've been reading a lot of books on these biker gangs, and for me to tell you that some of these guys are ruthless, well that would be an understatement! These people care about one thing and one thing ONLY. The Club. Nothing else matters! And you don't get in their way, or especially talk bad about their club around them. That would be signing your own death warrant! But, its amazing just how much power and influence these groups have! And most of the law enforcement agencies are afraid of them. Hell, their lawyer probably makes 2-3 million a year, just on them!:confused:

Tryin-again
08-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Yea the H.A got cash--

Back in the early '80's while I was in Lubbock, TX - the H.A. Treasurer died in a private plane crash. they buried him in Lubbock....

There was over 50 Limos and a couple of thous. bikes in the funeral procession... Dangest thing that I ever saw... They are like a corporation - I understand that they have licenced/ produce alot of clothing/ other stuff with H.A. emblems, etc...

Tryin-again
08-15-2006, 01:19 PM
SkiDog - you read the one about the undercover cop - under for 28 months? _ I think the Outlaws??

It's pretty wild - and I got the feeling he "toned it down a little"

SkiDog
08-15-2006, 01:29 PM
SkiDog - you read the one about the undercover cop - under for 28 months? _ I think the Outlaws??

It's pretty wild - and I got the feeling he "toned it down a little"

If it the one I'm thinking about, it is called ''Under & Alone''. Its a true story about a ATF agent named Billy Queen, and he became a full patch member of the Mongols. Great book! It grips you from the very first page and won't let go. I think I read it in about 2 days!

Tryin-again
08-15-2006, 01:30 PM
Yea, that's the one.... Very Cool....

SkiDog
08-15-2006, 01:33 PM
Yea the H.A got cash--

Back in the early '80's while I was in Lubbock, TX - the H.A. Treasurer died in a private plane crash. they buried him in Lubbock....

There was over 50 Limos and a couple of thous. bikes in the funeral procession... Dangest thing that I ever saw... They are like a corporation - I understand that they have licenced/ produce alot of clothing/ other stuff with H.A. emblems, etc...
I just tried to download a picture I took out there, but it looks like I have to resize all of them to get them to post. i'll do that later today and post a few.

SkiDog
08-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Heres a few pics

SkiDog
08-19-2006, 07:10 PM
and a few more

milkmania
08-19-2006, 08:14 PM
I just tried to download a picture I took out there, but it looks like I have to resize all of them to get them to post. i'll do that later today and post a few.
XNVIEW will let you "batch convert" the whole folder at one time.
pretty simple user interface.... even let's you create slideshows & webpages

FREEWARE!
http://perso.orange.fr/pierre.g/xnview/endownload.html

SkiDog
08-19-2006, 11:10 PM
All downloaded, now just to learn it!

Hoosier Bob
08-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Nice shots Dog! No Valkyries huh? Oh well looks like a great time. Any more pics of the slimmie?:D

milkmania
08-19-2006, 11:33 PM
All downloaded, now just to learn it!

in XNVIEW
gointo tool
batch convert

find the folder, add it

milkmania
08-19-2006, 11:34 PM
then jump over to the transformations tab and set the boundaries.....

I've found it easrier to just dump it all back in the same folder:rolleyes:

SkiDog
08-20-2006, 07:05 PM
You are the man! I'll try this soon as the wife stops biotching about me being on this forum so much!:D

TMCNo1
08-20-2006, 07:39 PM
You are the man! I'll try this soon as the wife stops biotching about me being on this forum so much!:D

Go spend 7 minutes, make her happy, then you can return till she looses the smile on her face!:D :rolleyes: 8p

TMCNo1
08-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Milk, thanks for the link to XNVIEW site to download, done it, now to figure it all out using your prompts. What size is normal for a full pic in a post. I've got a couple picture CD's to get some shot from and I want to experiment, again, thanks!

milkmania
08-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Milk, thanks for the link to XNVIEW site to download, done it, now to figure it all out using your prompts. What size is normal for a full pic in a post. I've got a couple picture CD's to get some shot from and I want to experiment, again, thanks!

the manage attachments page shows 650 X 1000

milkmania
08-20-2006, 08:32 PM
double post

milkmania
08-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Note: You will want to work on copies! Not originals, otherwise the originals are modified.

there are shorter ways to get the same results, but here’s a few steps that work.

1) Open xnview
2) Drill down to folder containing pics
3) Go to tools
4) Batch convert
5) Under the general tab, select add folder
6) In the output directory, you’ll want to put them in a folder somewhere (found it easier to just put them back in the same folder with a subfolder named just for the resized pics)
7) before you click the GO button, go into the transformations tab and set the parameters you want…..I just chose 50% for an example.
8) then click GO

TMCNo1
08-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Milk, you da man!
I copied all your posts off to use as a guide. Thanks!

CoFooter
08-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Skidog, what is the lake in picture 08? Looks nice. Family wants to see the black hills and it would be nice to stop by a lake as well.
Thanks

SkiDog
08-22-2006, 02:54 PM
Skidog, what is the lake in picture 08? Looks nice. Family wants to see the black hills and it would be nice to stop by a lake as well.
Thanks

Thats called the Pactolia Reservoir. Its a beautiful place, however the lake is down considerbly. It's still HUGE though. I would love to go there and ski! I'm not sure if they rent boats there or not. I read where the water temp is a balmy 40-60 degrees F. Little too cold for this old Dog! Check out the website www.rapidnet.com/~jtuxford/pactola.htm.
You can also Google Pactolia Reservoir and come up with more info.

CoFooter
08-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Thats called the Pactolia Reservoir. Its a beautiful place, however the lake is down considerbly. It's still HUGE though. I would love to go there and ski! I'm not sure if they rent boats there or not. I read where the water temp is a balmy 40-60 degrees F. Little too cold for this old Dog! Check out the website www.rapidnet.com/~jtuxford/pactola.htm.
You can also Google Pactolia Reservoir and come up with more info.

Yikes - 40 to 60 Degrees???? Beautiful lake though. Might be worth it. Thanks for the info.

SkiDog
08-22-2006, 04:15 PM
I did see some people skiing in it while I was there! But they were too far away to see if they had on a wetsuit or not.

SD190EVO
08-22-2006, 04:44 PM
When we stopped there I saw a deckboat pulling a tube and a pontoon floating near the marina. It seemed warm enough on that Friday that I would have jumped in sans a wet suit but I'm sure it was brisk.

Dog - you guys didnt ride up from GA did ya?

SkiDog
08-24-2006, 02:57 PM
When we stopped there I saw a deckboat pulling a tube and a pontoon floating near the marina. It seemed warm enough on that Friday that I would have jumped in sans a wet suit but I'm sure it was brisk.

Dog - you guys didnt ride up from GA did ya?

No, we had a buddy take our bikes with him behind a huge motorhome. We flew out there on Monday and flew back on the following Mon. I do have a friend thats ridden out there twice, on a 1985 Sportster! With a chain drive! This guy has ties to the Coca Cola family too. If I were him, I'd be riding a SWEEEEET Roadking! But he loves his Sporty!