PDA

View Full Version : MCX Throttle Hesitation - Forward Idle

BuoyChaser
08-14-2006, 05:18 PM
on my 2005 197 with 50hrs just noticed a throttle hesitation, where the distance between neutral to idle is much further than before...when the throttle is engaged, goes immediately to 1200rpm with a significant surge forward...

now have to easily bump forward to get the true idle...

any thoughts???had a buddy mention to check the cable running to the transmission for some play...will try to check that tonight...

6ballsisall
08-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Seem to remember reading some things on the 05's needing a ECM update. Something to do with the 1st year of being TBW and some minor corrections needed in the computer. THat could be it or it could be something totally different. :confused:

Doesn't sound like a fuel pump issue to me so I'd almost guess it's electronic.

BuoyChaser
08-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Seem to remember reading some things on the 05's needing a ECM update. Something to do with the 1st year of being TBW and some minor corrections needed in the computer. THat could be it or it could be something totally different. :confused:

Doesn't sound like a fuel pump issue to me so I'd almost guess it's electronic.
had the ECM reflashed Oct 2005 then it was up at the dealer this spring and they didn't mention a reflash...

wouldn't this be something that the dealer or MC would send out a "Urgent Message" about???could be very dangerous if someone didn't know better...

certainly not a fuel issue...

6ballsisall
08-14-2006, 05:34 PM
had the ECM reflashed Oct 2005 then it was up at the dealer this spring and they didn't mention a reflash...

wouldn't this be something that the dealer or MC would send out a "Urgent Message" about???could be very dangerous if someone didn't know better...

certainly not a fuel issue...

U got me dude. Just regurgatating info I remember reading.

BuoyChaser
08-14-2006, 05:37 PM
think it must be something electrical, because the gauges have gone out on occasion, especially the fuel gauge...just bumming to have to take it up during the season!!!

6ballsisall
08-14-2006, 05:42 PM
think it must be something electrical, because the gauges have gone out on occasion, especially the fuel gauge...just bumming to have to take it up during the season!!!

I am sure Erk would be glad to sell you a new boat. :D Check your PM's, I bet he already beat me to the punch. :rolleyes:

rodltg2
08-14-2006, 05:43 PM
i hear ya, lost use of my boat for 3 weeks just to fix and idle problem caused by the ecm. my boat was still usable but prefreed to get it fixed. maybe just wait till the end of summer..

BuoyChaser
08-16-2006, 12:19 AM
got it figured out tonight...there is a metal clasp that holds the throttle on the transmission, allowed it to slip out of the slot...just bent it back into shape, worked perfect!!!