PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Ski Lakes / Clubs

PeteS
11-12-2004, 03:10 PM
Does anyone have information regarding a "ski lake" in Michigan? Rumor has it that there is a few in South-Eastern Michigan, but we haven't found any. Any clues?

Tgchrist
11-13-2004, 11:24 PM
There are quite a few. Are you looking for a club, a private lake or just a lake with a course. I live in Oxford area and we have about 6 or 7 lakes. There is a private lake in Lapeer, CLIO and one off of I-69 east of Lapeer, Lake tranquility. Where do you live?

phecksel
11-15-2004, 12:46 PM
Does anyone have information regarding a "ski lake" in Michigan? Rumor has it that there is a few in South-Eastern Michigan, but we haven't found any. Any clues?
Belleville Lake Water Ski Club

http://groups.msn.com/bellevillelakewaterskiclub/main1.msnw

PeteS
11-16-2004, 01:27 AM
Thanks a million for the replies and info. Sorry for my delay in response. I live in the Birmingham area, and would be looking for private lake ideally, but a club would be great as well.

Once again, ideally it'd be nice to have someplace within 30 minutes of my home so I'll begin researching the towns that you both listed. Any other information would be great. Thanks again.

Ben
11-16-2004, 12:46 PM
I have heard of a lake/club up near fenton, but that is a bit out of your 30 minute range. Could try to get more info from a friend if you want it.

phecksel
11-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Thanks a million for the replies and info. Sorry for my delay in response. I live in the Birmingham area, and would be looking for private lake ideally, but a club would be great as well.

Once again, ideally it'd be nice to have someplace within 30 minutes of my home so I'll begin researching the towns that you both listed. Any other information would be great. Thanks again.

lake jeffowitz (sp?) US-23 and silver lake road (exit 77?). Owned by jeff smith, owner of the natique dealer

MC G
11-23-2004, 09:15 PM
If you ever head to the Traverse City area there are several lakes with courses. A few are Cedar, Silver, Long, Boardman, and Duck lakes.

tex
11-24-2004, 10:21 AM
Fenton-Silver Lake I beleive. I have been there once. It is a beautiful lake.

PeteS
11-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Sounds good, Tex. Funny that you mention you've been up here skiing. I'm down in Dallas quite often, and always am wondering about pulls down there.

Past what looked to be a ski school or club, on the way to Ft. Worth, and was wondering if there are any places where you can pay-for-pulls on ski lakes down there?

tex
11-24-2004, 11:38 AM
Sounds good, Tex. Funny that you mention you've been up here skiing. I'm down in Dallas quite often, and always am wondering about pulls down there.

Past what looked to be a ski school or club, on the way to Ft. Worth, and was wondering if there are any places where you can pay-for-pulls on ski lakes down there?

There are several places. give me a shout when you are coming this way and i can hook you up. all you have to have is a usa waterski membership. We have a club with 2 sites in fort worth. mspence@tarrantcounty.com
here is our club website www.metroplexskiclub.com

PeteS
11-24-2004, 12:45 PM
Thanks a million, Tex! I think I may take you up on that. Our season is over up here, but are you guys are still skiing down there? If you are ever in Detroit again, you always have a pull through me as well.

Last question would be, since transporting the ski is somewhat an ordeal for just one pull, does your club have any loaners or demos available that I could use? Thanks again.

tex
11-24-2004, 01:36 PM
Thanks a million, Tex! I think I may take you up on that. Our season is over up here, but are you guys are still skiing down there? If you are ever in Detroit again, you always have a pull through me as well.

Last question would be, since transporting the ski is somewhat an ordeal for just one pull, does your club have any loaners or demos available that I could use? Thanks again.
if you just slalom-i have a cr7 67". I also have access to a shop that will loan me pretty much whatever i need. They are great! i pretty much everything else(sky ski, air chair, freestyle jumpers, ld jumpers, one ski jumper, boom, etc...........). just give me a shout! happy turkey day!

James O'Keefe
12-03-2004, 07:42 PM
Anyone know of any courses/clubs in the southwestern area?