PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Oklahoma?

jt76ss
11-11-2004, 10:52 PM
Anyone from Oklahoma

Leroy
11-12-2004, 09:05 AM
If you do a search on this board on Oklahoma you will find people talking about going to OK!

ktn_cmu
11-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Isn't that where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain?

jt76ss
11-13-2004, 11:49 PM
ya down here in SOONER land the kicks up once in a while. it funny i cant seem to find a picture of your boat on here do you have a boat?

OKScrapmommy
11-16-2004, 10:52 PM
Hey, I'm from Oklahoma. However, I wouldn't call it Sooner Land. I'd call it Cowboy Country.
:banana:

TalleyHo
11-18-2004, 09:31 PM
We're here in Dallas, Tx. We plan on making a trip to Broken Bow next year. Are you in Southern Ok, or elsewhere in the state?

Bobby
11-28-2004, 10:59 PM
Hey, I'm from Oklahoma. However, I wouldn't call it Sooner Land. I'd call it Cowboy Country.
:banana:

then it must really suck to be where you're from 8p :D :toast:

I'm from Norman and a student at OU. Whenever it gets warmer I'll be a regular at Lake Thunderbird again. I'm lookin forward to taking the MasterCraft out. I had an '82 Ski Nautique but I just picked up an '84 MC that is in great condition.

jt76ss
11-29-2004, 12:41 AM
hey bobby you ought to try draper it where i hang they really cleaned it up in the last year see ya around

milkmania
12-02-2004, 04:00 AM
just found this board.....

91 MC Prostar

OKScrapmommy
12-02-2004, 10:40 PM
Bobby, I went to OU. OU's football team was great. Can't say much for the rest of the school. Despite the fact that I was in Honors College at OU, most of my freshman classes had 300+ kids in them. You know, I'm sure. I'm sure you've seen the inside of Dale Hall.

There is no Dale Hall at OSU, or even anything close. Largest class I ever had was a math class with about 70 other kids. No goons or snobs at OSU. Plenty of cowboys, though. You get the clue when you drive in to town and you see the signs that proudly proclaim "OSU Swine Barn" and such.

And yes, Draper has cleaned up a bit. Still pretty noisy with all the aircraft.

Now, Eufaula, that's another story. You get over to the correct side of the lake, and you won't know that you're in Oklahoma.

milkmania
12-03-2004, 01:42 AM
I enjoy Tenkiller quite a bit

Bobby
12-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Yeah I know exactly what you're talking about with the large class sizes. My Physics 2 for Engineers class is 300+. When I speak bad about OSU, it is all in jest. Well, mostly. In 2002 I was in the Pride of Oklahoma and had a glass bottle thrown at me by an OSU fan after they won 38-28, but I've moved on since then and don't really care anymore.

What side of Eufaula do you usually go to? My parents have a lakehouse out there on the most northern part of the lake (we can see the I-40 bridge) at this place called Paradise Point. The water near there looks like orange or red kool-aide, depending on the sunlight angle, but at least that part of the lake is not crowded at all and is great for wakeboarding/skiing/etc...

jt76ss
12-03-2004, 08:06 PM
that funny bobby we also have a house at eufaula but we are over at porum landing we can see the "cut" from are beach

OKScrapmommy
12-04-2004, 02:40 PM
When I speak bad about OSU, it is all in jest. Well, mostly. In 2002 I was in the Pride of Oklahoma and had a glass bottle thrown at me by an OSU fan after they won 38-28,...

Bad OSU fan!! :rant: Sorry about that! Congrats on making it into the Pride!! Way to go!!

What side of Eufaula do you usually go to? My parents have a lakehouse out there on the most northern part of the lake (we can see the I-40 bridge) at this place called Paradise Point. The water near there looks like orange or red kool-aide, depending on the sunlight angle

Porum all the way!!! But, shhhhh! Don't tell anybody. When we decided to buy a lakehouse, we wanted to go to Tenkiller or Arbuckles. We were totally turned off by the red water area over by the I-40 bridge.

We have a friend who is a professional fisherman. His wife kept encouraging us to look in the Porum area. In her words, "It's more beautiful than Tenkiller." We're thinking... "Eufaula? More beautiful than Tenkiller? Give me a break." But, once we got over there and looked around we found clear blue water with beautiful mountains on one side, and clean, white sandy beaches on the other side. I *SWEAR* we were able to wear our snorkling equipment over at the cut this summer. We could actually see and feed the minnows & perch. Not joking. I have pictures on my website if you want to see.

Anyway, we have a cousin who is a true-blue Tenkiller man. They visited us over in the Porum area this summer, and they too said they liked it better than Tenkiller. Great swimming and beaches for the kids, smooth, smooth water for skiing, all against a beautiful backdrop of the cliffs and mountains. What more could you ask for? But, I've already said too much already. JT is going to kill me for letting the secret out.

jt76ss
12-05-2004, 02:00 AM
its okay i am proud that your my sister even though your a cowboy! :headbang: