PDA

View Full Version : Old Trailer refurb help required!!

88 PS190
08-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Ok so i've delivered our trailer to our local welder to get prepped. BUT, I do not have my boat on it as I want to keep skiing this week and not get stuck waiting on a boat (also its hard to sandblast and powdercoat w/ a hull on there.

So. here's the prob. Awhile back I posted and got some members to post pictures of their fancy new trailer bow stops/ winch relocations to eliminate the ugly and painful to use bar method. Thanks a bunch, it was a big help. But at the onset of the season I forgot to take a measurement of how high the bow eye is when it sits on the trailer!

OOPs.

So here's my plea. Please if anyone here has a late 80's prostar 190 sitting on the trailer. (i'm sorry if you do) but could you please take a measurement from the plane of the top of the trailer bars straight up to the bow eye, ie. how high is the bottom of the swinging bar when its attached to the boat. With that measurement I can swing the bar up, mark it and we can make the new bow stand. YAY!

Ok so thanks for any help you can provide.

mark g
08-10-2006, 01:51 PM
measured the arm for you from the top of the trailer bars to the bottom of the hole in the arm my measurement is 550 mm, 21 5/8 inches
i have got a photo of the area i've measured trying to post it up but not having much luck i'll keep trying though

mark

zepdog
08-10-2006, 02:06 PM
I have an 87 mastercraft and was thinking about re-doing my trailor any chance you could send me some of the photo idea's you got?
I have skied on elk lake a few times when we were renting a cottage on the lake a few years back. Nice water.
Zep

mark g
08-10-2006, 02:13 PM
got it uploaded only small but i'm sure you can see where i measured from

mark