PDA

View Full Version : Skiers win!!

6ballsisall
08-10-2006, 12:29 PM
So I went to our community lakes committee meeting last night. Rumor was that a group of tooner's and old people wanted to make our lake "no wake" from 7-9pm every day! :mad: It's been a quarrel since this place got started almost 30 years ago. It's a 150 acre lake, 1/2 of it is no wake all the time and then there is a small ski channel that is useable between 8am-9pm every day. Anyway, like most HOA committees the person proposing this idea got to speak their pitch to the committee and all in attendance. There were 3 there in support of this. Well word got out about this last week and there were about 35-40 skiers, people with runabout's and even some tooner's that thought this would be BS if it happened. After the proposing group gave their pitch it became a bloody battle. :D Everyone in opposition gave their 2 sense in a cordial manner. After an hour of crushing their proposal the committee told them "thanks for your time tonight but no dice on the change requested" Everyone clapped and it was fun to watch those putz leave the place with their head down.
It's irratating because the only reason they wanted to do it is to keep skiers and boarders off the lake. We pay the same fairly high dues as they do and we too have families that enjoy the lake. But because they don't like skiers and boarders they wanted to ruin it for our families. Funny thing is, almost everyone that moves here either has a boat or intends to get one and BUYS into HVL for the lake. Anyway, just had to share the experience since it seems harder and harder for skiers to hold onto their water.

erkoehler
08-10-2006, 12:31 PM
:) :) :)

bcampbe7
08-10-2006, 12:39 PM
If I had my boat on a dock, I would be adding a camera to the dock. Those old people get crazy man!:D

LakePirate
08-10-2006, 12:40 PM
So Humor us, what was their argument, that it will drive down property value because there are 50K ski boats at the dock?
Or did they use the noise/shoreline erosion argument?

6ballsisall
08-10-2006, 12:46 PM
So Humor us, what was their argument, that it will drive down property value because there are 50K ski boats at the dock?
Or did they use the noise/shoreline erosion argument?

THey said that they didn't feel safe going out on the ski channel as there are too many boats out there. Frankly, during the weekend, I don't ski there, there is to much boat chop. BUT, to get to the no wake areas there are idle speed zones the WHOLE way.

My arguement was actually that it WOULD drop the value of homes considerably if people couldn't freely boat on the lake. There are 317 registered Comp ski boats and runabouts on our lake. If 1/2 decided to leave because of the new rule there would be a MAJOR influx in homes for sale leaving to much inventory. It would be much more difficult for realtors to sell because like I said, most people buy into this area for the lifestyle/private lakes. Changing that dynamic would significantly lower the real estate values.

The lake is labeled a "multipurpose" lake. thats the way it needs to be. You won't hear the skiers trying to get the tooner's kicked off the lake. You won't hear the people on the lake complaining to much about the fisherman on their boats parked right in front of someones house at 5am fishing. Why can't they get along with us???

6ballsisall
08-10-2006, 12:47 PM
If I had my boat on a dock, I would be adding a camera to the dock. Those old people get crazy man!:D

Agreed......I am not lakefront. Sometimes a blessing there.

chudson
08-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Good for you and your group."Power in numbers"

6ballsisall
08-10-2006, 01:02 PM
BTW, here is the link to our POA website

www.hiddenvalley-lake.com

tex
08-10-2006, 01:24 PM
It's good to see the guys wearing white wetsuits win!

mitch
08-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Glad it worked out for you.:D 317 boats on a 150 acre lake is a crapload of boats

THey said that they didn't feel safe going out on the ski channel as there are too many boats out there. Frankly, during the weekend, I don't ski there, there is to much boat chop. BUT, to get to the no wake areas there are idle speed zones the WHOLE way.

My arguement was actually that it WOULD drop the value of homes considerably if people couldn't freely boat on the lake. There are 317 registered Comp ski boats and runabouts on our lake. If 1/2 decided to leave because of the new rule there would be a MAJOR influx in homes for sale leaving to much inventory. It would be much more difficult for realtors to sell because like I said, most people buy into this area for the lifestyle/private lakes. Changing that dynamic would significantly lower the real estate values.

The lake is labeled a "multipurpose" lake. thats the way it needs to be. You won't hear the skiers trying to get the tooner's kicked off the lake. You won't hear the people on the lake complaining to much about the fisherman on their boats parked right in front of someones house at 5am fishing. Why can't they get along with us???

6ballsisall
08-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Glad it worked out for you.:D 317 boats on a 150 acre lake is a crapload of boats

Yeah it is buts its never THAT bad. Most boats I have seen on the ski channel (about half the lake) is 5. That was to much but we go out there more for cruising. I belong to a private lake 5 minutes from my house for skiing the course.

ntidsl
08-10-2006, 01:38 PM
yeah 316 of them are bass boats!!! and then you have jrandol

ntidsl
08-10-2006, 01:39 PM
we have 13 on a similar sized lake...just kiddin jeff

6ballsisall
08-10-2006, 01:39 PM
yeah 316 of them are bass boats!!! and then you have jrandol
EASY!!!!!!!!! We aren't that hillbilly over here!! Roughly 100 of those are Comp ski boats..... just a few MC's though........:rolleyes: and a piss load of Bu's:mad:

ntidsl
08-10-2006, 01:41 PM
jeff I'm building a house on a cove off the river that is 2200 feet long at 5-10 foot deep...I'm not moving just building another house down near warsaw on a creek called paint lick creek...temp course on the weekends baby!!!

ntidsl
08-10-2006, 01:44 PM
dude...the malibu dealer in this area is making a killing!!!!!!!! I was with Greg and his business partner Mike the other day...they can't stop laughing and smiling they got it going on so much...its freakin crazy!!! its a part time business for them believe it or not...he owns an insurance company full time and just started the malibu dealership because there wasnt one in the area...he has sold thousands of bus over 10 years...how many has the MC dealer in our area sold!!! uggghhh!!

6ballsisall
08-10-2006, 01:45 PM
dude...the malibu dealer in this area is making a killing!!!!!!!! I was with Greg and his business partner Mike the other day...they can't stop laughing and smiling they got it going on so much...its freakin crazy!!! its a part time business for them believe it or not...he owns an insurance company full time and just started the malibu dealership because there wasnt one in the area...he has sold thousands of bus over 10 years...how many has the MC dealer in our area sold!!! uggghhh!!

I know.......it's frickin ridiculous!!!! :rolleyes: And to think MC has more or less written the area off..........:rolleyes:

DuaneS
08-10-2006, 01:47 PM
I just went to the HVL site and clicked on a thumb of the lake. Man it looks like a NASCAR event only with boats. What must it look like at high noon on Saturday or the 4th of July.:confused:

ntidsl
08-10-2006, 01:57 PM
yeah man look at this...

dog paw
08-10-2006, 02:07 PM
yeah man look at this...

Thats bad? Man..... I'll take that anyday I'll try to get some pics of our moron pool on the weekend.

I'm glad you got the HOA under control. We have some knock down drag out turf wars on our lake! SO stupid.... We have some real lulu's in ours Some people are never happy unless they think they control everything, and they seem to be drawn like magnets to HOA boards

ntidsl
08-10-2006, 02:15 PM
thats the no wake zone!!!!

6ballsisall
08-10-2006, 02:34 PM
I just went to the HVL site and clicked on a thumb of the lake. Man it looks like a NASCAR event only with boats. What must it look like at high noon on Saturday or the 4th of July.:confused:
It isn't perfect but there is absolutely no other community in the Cincinnati area like it so we take what we have to work with.

boatless
08-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Cool !!! I can start pulling skiers with my three seaters jet ski again. Yeah !!!

jimmer2880
08-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Good - glad to hear someone from "our side" finally won one of these.

footinfool
05-06-2009, 02:21 PM
It isn't perfect but there is absolutely no other community in the Cincinnati area like it so we take what we have to work with.

Lake Waynoka is a private 300 acre lake community 50 miles east of cincinnati. 600 homes, 250 of them full time residents. i have lived there 7 yrs now. check it out www.lakewaynoka.com

atlfootr
05-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Good suggestion, here's another ... that we delete all post 3 years old and up :rolleyes:

Sodar
05-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Good suggestion, here's another ... that we delete all post 3 years old and up :rolleyes:

Are you serious? What would the point of that be? The history and old posts are EXTREMELY useful for everyone!

flipper
05-06-2009, 03:18 PM

That would waste a ton of useful information and good posts that people including me refer to all the time.

Craig
05-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Are you serious? What would the point of that be? The history and old posts are EXTREMELY useful for everyone!

Seconded.

If I am stumped on a boat problem the first thing myself and any of my friends with boats do is search the respective forums.

Hollywood
05-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Watch out for the Lake Patrol!

"One of the areas of concern this year is the damage caused to the shoreline and the dam by dangerously high wakes. Boats that use internal or external devices that intentionally enhance waves to a dangerous size will be removed from the lake. "