PDA

View Full Version : Laurel Lake this weekend

6ballsisall
08-10-2006, 12:43 PM
I'll be at Laurel Lake (Kentucky) this weekend skiing and camping. Anyone going to be there?

ntidsl
08-10-2006, 12:50 PM
hey dude...no laurel for me...pib for me

6ballsisall
08-10-2006, 01:11 PM
hey dude...no laurel for me...pib for me

What the heck is PIB??? Nickname for your weekend getaway?

ntidsl
08-10-2006, 01:12 PM
put in bay dude...

6ballsisall
08-10-2006, 01:15 PM
put in bay dude...

Cool!! Please tell me you aren't putting your MC on Erie!!!

ntidsl
08-10-2006, 01:18 PM
nah...the boat need a rest...165 hours...not bad for an 05...ran 4 at 32 yesterday...my 28s are smooth now..i even missed my hook up at 1 ball today and made it through the wake with one hand then switch them and still ran it smooth from there on out...feeling good on the water right now...

6ballsisall
08-10-2006, 01:20 PM
nah...the boat need a rest...165 hours...not bad for an 05...ran 4 at 32 yesterday...my 28s are smooth now..i even missed my hook up at 1 ball today and made it through the wake with one hand then switch them and still ran it smooth from there on out...feeling good on the water right now...

man you progressed quick this year!! Way to go!!

ntidsl
08-10-2006, 01:33 PM
its crazy..you know...when i stopped listening to people i got way better...i havent listened to anyone since you and I went out with Gar...I ski my way and I caught everyone at my lake...except greg kuenning...I'm within a couple balls of everyone who has been skiing down there for years...my style seems fine for me...my driver this morning said i did something different today and that he never felt me today at all...i told him that comes with confidence...when you know you can run it you dont over work...i really think that that is the key...I may, at this pace run 35 this year...i thought i may run 22 this year and that was it...22 is my warm up pass now...moral of the story...watch videos, listen to everyone and cater your skiing around you...

6ballsisall
08-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Update:

Laurel Lake trip was GREAT!! Weather Sat. & Sunday was awesome. Mid 80's, low 90's with reasonable humidity. The MC did great and got about 12 hours on it over the weekend. There were 4 boats there including mine, 2 2004 Supra Launch LTS's, 1 older Tige, and my X7. Funny how everyone seemed to want to ride behind my boat. :D One of the Supras had a bad weekend, first the neutral safety switch started acting up, we had to cross the wires and bypass the switch, then I found out last night on the way home they tanked a hub on their trailer and got stranded on I-75.

One of the kids that came (there were about 25 people there) landed his first ever backflip on wakeboard behind my boat. He's been trying all year to land it but it took a MC to do the job. :cool:

All in all a good trip! First camping trip with our daughter (she did GREAT!) and got the wife out on skis for the first time in about 15 years!! I foot'd my but off and tried out the Roam board (VERY COOL TOY!!!)