PDA

View Full Version : Bent Board Rack

jrhollow
08-10-2006, 01:33 AM
Last time I was out I bent the wake board rack on a 2003 X-2. I was in the water helping a friend learn how to wakeboard. The rope got caught on one of the board racks and when I yelled to stop. My girlfriend driving the boat thought I said hit it and took off. Unfortunately, my buddy didn't let go of the handle and slightly bent the rack. Really made me happy.

I took the rack apart and the two rods that are in it are bent. The rack is the kind that slides together to get tighter so these rods are pretty important. I was able to get the two rods out, but am having a hard time straightening them out. Any ideas on how to "true" them up? Or do I have to try to find new ones?

Thanks
Jeff

jrhollow
08-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Any ideas besides using a hammer and a vice?

tones03
08-10-2006, 04:26 PM
Heat it up first, then bend it back, little easier

Ric
08-10-2006, 06:51 PM
pics? My initial answer would be that to do this right you need a press and a good eye or a dial indicator... It helps to have a bit of experience so you might want to pay a guy in a grind shop or machine shop a bit of cash to do it.

jdeml
08-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Same exact thing happened to me this weekend!!!! Did you ever get it figured out? If so Let me know. I plan on trying to heat em up and bend them this week sometime. Also I had one of the 2 rods out and the first one I just turned and turned and wiggled it. Had maybe loctite or something on it but the second one wont budge. Howd you get yours off?