PDA

View Full Version : Anyone at Oroville 8/11 - 8/13

rlivingood
08-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Sking hard Friday, Saturday, Sunday with party hard in Chico Friday, Saturday and Sunday night.

Anyone want to join

P-Rod
08-09-2006, 05:05 PM
I wish I was up there, as it is one of my favorite lakes. I attended Chico State and I had my boat with me while I was there. We used to ski there quite often during the school year. I hope you have a great trip.

rodltg2
08-09-2006, 05:11 PM
I wish I was up there, as it is one of my favorite lakes. I attended Chico State and I had my boat with me while I was there. We used to ski there quite often during the school year. I hope you have a great trip.
me too....

P-Rod
08-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Rod,

When were you at Chico? I attended b/w years 87 through 92.

rodltg2
08-09-2006, 05:58 PM
you just missed me, i was there 92-98

Brazos Bum
08-09-2006, 08:11 PM
CSUC '79-84 for me. Skied on the team for last three semesters. We hosted a tourney on Thermolito Afterbirth in Spring '84. Nothing like seeing the So Cal boys come up and hit that COLD water coming out of Oroville.

betsy&david Harrison
08-09-2006, 08:57 PM
CSUC '79-84 for me. Skied on the team for last three semesters. We hosted a tourney on Thermolito Afterbirth in Spring '84. Nothing like seeing the So Cal boys come up and hit that COLD water coming out of Oroville.
My husband played on the Volleyball team in 83-84. Know any of them?

kpickett
08-09-2006, 09:06 PM
you just missed me, i was there 92-98

I didn't know you were a Chico guy, Rod. I was there for one year, 93-94. Now I'm on the faculty. It's a different experience being on the faculty at Chico State, compared to being a student!

Too bad faculty guys can't join the ski team.

Brazos Bum
08-10-2006, 11:58 AM
My husband played on the Volleyball team in 83-84. Know any of them?

Nope, didn't know any Vballers.

rodltg2
08-10-2006, 12:51 PM
yep, i loved it there, would have never left if i didnt have to actually come back down to reality. didnt waterski much then, mostly booze cruisin and barefootin..

rlivingood
08-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Well I'm a Chico guy as well. Graduated in 88. As for Kpicket, we still need a third and are skiing Friday afternoon through Sunday. Might be bad for your rep if you're seen with us though :-) Have to keep the faculty image up and we won't be holding anything up other than a beer or other indescribables ;-)

kpickett
08-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Well I'm a Chico guy as well. Graduated in 88. As for Kpicket, we still need a third and are skiing Friday afternoon through Sunday. Might be bad for your rep if you're seen with us though :-) Have to keep the faculty image up and we won't be holding anything up other than a beer or other indescribables ;-)

Sorry, sounds good, but I live up on Lake Shasta now. The smell of urine and puke on Chico's streets finally got to me.

Hope you guys have fun. Sounds like you will.

rlivingood
08-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Sorry, sounds good, but I live up on Lake Shasta now. The smell of urine and puke on Chico's streets finally got to me.

Hope you guys have fun. Sounds like you will.
Ah the fond memories. Looks like I picked up a 3rd before the post. Shasta is a sweet spot, but a bit of a drive from Chico. Hope you don't commute each day.

kpickett
08-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Shasta is a sweet spot, but a bit of a drive from Chico. Hope you don't commute each day.

No, usually only once or twice a week. You know those professor schedules. It is a hike, though.

rlivingood
08-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Just got back. What a great trip. Plan on it next year. We are also going to try and grab one of those floating camp spots to host a few drinks (thinking blended margis) and for a dock during the day. They are too cool.

Weather was perfect. The water and the light were almost too much between 6-8pm. We got off the lake all 3 days in the dark. Too hard to leave when it's that nice.

I'll post the next year trip early enough for others to join. Quite the party and only took 3:15 hours to get there from SF Bay area with the boat!

Rod