PDA

View Full Version : Wego kite tube replacement...

bigmac
08-09-2006, 01:45 PM
**WARNING** This is a tubing thread. I put it under "Other WaterSports" just to pi$$ you guys off...:D

I finally did cut up my kite tube as the CPSC and Sportsstuff requested and exchanged those pieces for option C. We haven't really tried out the 100-inch "Wet 'n Wild Flyer", but I gotta say that the Super Mabel has held a lot of entertainment value. The irony, in my experience, is that on a couple of those whips on Super Mable at 25 mph boat speed, I've hit the water a lot harder than I ever did on the kite tube. My aorta appears to still be intact, however...

http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/64723471.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/64723483.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/64723476.jpg

MarkP
08-09-2006, 02:11 PM
LOL
It looks like that little boy is about to taste big knee in that last shot..

ski_king
08-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Looks like fun!

But where do you store it?

Ric
08-09-2006, 02:25 PM
. SWEEEEEET

bigmac
08-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Looks like fun!

But where do you store it?

My kids are 21 and 22, so we took over the old swing set...

http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/64891765.jpg

dog paw
08-09-2006, 03:14 PM
(Homer Simpson Voice) UUUUUMMMMMM TUBES! :D

You guys are ruining years of therapy LOL!

bigmac
08-09-2006, 03:27 PM
(Homer Simpson Voice) UUUUUMMMMMM TUBES! :D

You guys are ruining years of therapy LOL!:D LOL :D

the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog...long enough NOW?

Datdude
08-09-2006, 03:43 PM
LOL
It looks like that little boy is about to taste big knee in that last shot..

That made me laugh out loud and people in the office are wondering what I am doing:D

BuoyChaser
08-09-2006, 03:58 PM
so what happens if you have one and you don't turn it in???those are going to be worth a lot of money, won't they???

gr8smiles
08-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Daaamn Mac, there you go wit the tuuubes agin! We r gonna haf to tawk....just felt like typing in my best Southern....you'ons r gonner hirt sumbody on dem der toobs!

Let's see....43 years old...skiing since I was 5....

Tubes: 2 eardrums ruptured (my son), 1 broken nose (daughter), 1 laceration in the corner of the mouth that required sutures and plastiuc surgery ( my son's friend girl), 1 separated shoulder (another guy at the dock, but I include it for good measure), need I go on?

Slalom: Nothing major (don't ski as much as I did when I was a teen)
Wakeboard: 1 concussion (mild) me!
Barefooting: Numerous rack jobs, but that's just bad feet position.
Foiling: Some rib shots, some 'white spots in the air', lots of lake in the nose

I am ramblin, but I would hate for the little guy to get thosed teeth knocked out on that tube. Just my professional (dental) opinion....

bigmac
08-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Let's see....43 years old...skiing since I was 5....
Heh..I learned to ski 7 years before you were born. I learned to slalom behind a '58 Chris Craft inboard. It's the reason it would never even enter my mind to complain about my 230VRS slalom wake :D .

Tubes: 2 eardrums ruptured (my son), 1 broken nose (daughter), 1 laceration in the corner of the mouth that required sutures and plastiuc surgery ( my son's friend girl), 1 separated shoulder (another guy at the dock, but I include it for good measure), need I go on?
No. There are 545 ski-able lakes in this county alone. I've seen tubing injuries in our two hospital ERs that would make your hair stand on end. Your description above is a typical Saturday afternoon in the ER ;) . This area of Minnesota is where the rest of the state comes to get hurt on the water, I suspect.

I am ramblin, but I would hate for the little guy to get thosed teeth knocked out on that tube. Just my professional (dental) opinion....Yeah, I hear ya...but his dad was driving and it was his boat - only so much I could do.;) Ever try to tell an anesthesiologist what to do?

DrNautica
08-09-2006, 07:07 PM
You know, I hadn't pulled a tube in probably 15 years... until last weekend. Big Birthday party for a good friend on the HB and someone brought out a three man, 'er, a, person tube which he was pulling behind his SeaDoo.

One thing led to another and the next thing I know, I'm pullin' three guys behind my 200HP center console at fifty MPH. Yeah, yeah, I know, what an A$$HOLE. At least I didn't pull it with the MC.

Has anyone calculated the approximate speed of a tube at the apex of its outside-the-wake turn if the boat's speed is fifty MPH? I haven't either but I do know that at the first opportunity, two of the three guys, bailed out by diving over the side leaving the one remaining crash test dummy screaming, "LET'S GO FASTER!"