PDA

View Full Version : Water Knat taken out by a Sturgeon??

pilot02
08-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Let's here it for the sturgeon!!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/09/jetski.sturgeon.ap/index.html

6ballsisall
08-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Two thumbs up for the Sturgeon!!! We need to train these things to take out the rest of the gnats!!

bigmac
08-09-2006, 11:31 AM
We don't need anything as exotic at a sturgeon. Midwestern waterways have Asian Jumping Carp. What they lack in size, they make up for in numbers...coming soon to a lake near you...

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/fishfly.asp

and

http://www.citypages.com/databank/23/1132/article10627.asp

I suspect this Asian carp infestation was actually initiated by ski boat drivers and was initially aimed at tubers. Taking out jet skiers was really an unexpected side-benefit.

JimN
08-09-2006, 11:32 AM
jrandol- this is a good start, as long as it's only the water gnat that is hit, not the rider.

MarkP
08-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Let's here it for the sturgeon!!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/09/jetski.sturgeon.ap/index.html
Fish: “here catch”
Jet skier: "Ahhhhh!!!:eek: !!!"

ntidsl
08-09-2006, 11:43 AM
dudes i wish i could share what I heard someone call waverunners once...im afraid it would offend someone though...i stil laugh everytime i hear it...

dog paw
08-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Would you take that attitude if a car took out your bud riding a motorcycle? You guys are above that crap I hope. That had to render a level 4 headache... I imagine that fish would put a hurting on a air chair also

ntidsl
08-09-2006, 12:00 PM
maristar asked me what i heard them called so i pm'd him and the site blocked the word...even in a pm...wow!!!

bigmac
08-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Would you take that attitude if a car took out your bud riding a motorcycle? You guys are above that crap I hope. That had to render a level 4 headache... I imagine that fish would put a hurting on a air chair also

Valid point, but I don't think my Air Chair holds the same general annoyance level for other lake users that PWC's are often seen to have. Black humor is still humor and somehow, the concept of a jet skier getting hit by a fish is just a tad funnier IMHO than a motorcycle getting hit by a car.

Of course, many of us have a "cob stuck up your butt snob stamp" when it comes to stereotypes of discourtesy on the water...;)

Just an observation, no offense meant.

MarkP
08-09-2006, 12:07 PM
maristar asked me what i heard them called so i pm'd him and the site blocked the word...even in a pm...wow!!! markp5@verizon.net ??

6ballsisall
08-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Relax Dog Paw......it's all in good fun and jokes. Certainly none of us would want to see anyone get hurt on the water regardless of their choice of water vice.

pilot02
08-09-2006, 12:08 PM

Had a female friend taken out by a deer while on her bike. That, you expect to hear about, especially around here. But taken out by a fish.... hmmm?

6ballsisall
08-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Valid point, but I don't think my Air Chair holds the same general annoyance level for other lake users that PWC's are often seen to have. Black humor is still humor and somehow, the concept of a jet skier getting hit by a fish is just a tad funnier IMHO than a motorcycle getting hit by a car.

Of course, many of us have a "cob stuck up your butt snob stamp" when it comes to stereotypes of discourtesy on the water...;)

Just an observation, no offense meant.

Cob stuck up the butt??? I thought Gene wasnt on here anymore????? :D

michael freeman
08-09-2006, 12:10 PM
maristar asked me what i heard them called so i pm'd him and the site blocked the word...even in a pm...wow!!!

Sounds like????? :D

ntidsl
08-09-2006, 12:13 PM
i emailed mark p...he'll word it out for you...i dont want to get kicked out or make enemies, sorry

bigmac
08-09-2006, 12:16 PM
Cob stuck up the butt??? I thought Gene wasnt on here anymore????? :D

I was quoting (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=216208&postcount=42)...:)

MarkP
08-09-2006, 12:28 PM
i emailed mark p...he'll word it out for you...i dont want to get kicked out or make enemies, sorryhttp://www.cringehumor.net/forums/images/smilies/gayfight.gif
LOL
Not that there’s anything wrong with that!!

ntidsl
08-09-2006, 12:30 PM
yeah and then add chariot...

dog paw
08-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Relax Dog Paw......it's all in good fun and jokes. Certainly none of us would want to see anyone get hurt on the water regardless of their choice of water vice.

Hey all's cool guys it just touches a nerve thats all. Seen good people die a pointless death up close on both. You dont forget there faces. I sure there a few other PWC riders lurking here other than me. On our lake the ski boat owners have the nicest PWC's LOL! I just let you know how I feel. Most of the time it does not type out very well8p

Now talking about vices I would love nothing more than to affix a K Bar to a broom handle and take out every tube in sight. But I dont fantasize over it.... "really I dont" LOL

Mac the only thing that annoys me about a air chair is my inability to master it....... It's that daym cob going sideways;)

bigmac
08-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Mac the only thing that annoys me about a air chair is my inability to master it....... It's that daym cob going sideways;)

Wow, isn't THAT the truth...? I've felt that corn cob on more than one occasion...:D

jrcarte78
08-10-2006, 10:27 AM
If I'm riding a jet ski anytime soon.... I'm staying off the Suwannee river.

It sounds like the plot line to some cheesy horror movie along the lines of 'Anaconda' or 'Lake Placid'.

J.R.

Jesus_Freak
08-11-2006, 01:58 AM
Or like a double cheese Piranha 2 where the fish could fly.

rem_pss308
08-11-2006, 03:43 AM
They get very large