PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Leak

starman205
08-08-2006, 04:13 PM
I own a 93 205 prostar that developed a transmission leak last weak. Checked all of the obvious external connections and seals and all seem to be fine. Does not leak unless under load as evidenced by transmission fluid in the bilge. I suspect that it is the internal seal on the end of the transmission adjacent to the engine. Just wondering what kind of a job (# of hrs ) is this for an MC tech to replace?

MarkP
08-08-2006, 07:42 PM
I own a 93 205 prostar that developed a transmission leak last weak. Checked all of the obvious external connections and seals and all seem to be fine. Does not leak unless under load as evidenced by transmission fluid in the bilge. I suspect that it is the internal seal on the end of the transmission adjacent to the engine. Just wondering what kind of a job (# of hrs ) is this for an MC tech to replace?
I changed the front seal on my Nautique and it wasn’t too bad of a job. SO I would say no need to go to the Dealer. I, now have the same boat as you and wouldn’t think twice about doing that job. You should be able to get the parts from DIM, http://www.skidim.com/. If you have any questions about ordering the right stuff just call them and they will be a BIG help.. They (DIM) offer great Support over the phone and seem to be happy to do it..

McFire
08-09-2006, 01:30 PM
I had a tranny leak last summer. Turned out to be a leaking hose going to or from the transmission cooler. Replaced both of them and have been trouble free so far. Good luck

starman205
08-10-2006, 11:00 AM
I had a tranny leak last summer. Turned out to be a leaking hose going to or from the transmission cooler. Replaced both of them and have been trouble free so far. Good luck

McFire, rechecked hoses yesterday afternoon and found the leak in one of them. Easy fix!!! Thanks for your input!!!!!!! :wavey: