PDA

View Full Version : Slalom Shootout at Boardstock XI Aug 18-20th

BuoyChaser
08-08-2006, 09:47 AM
anyone going???$15k cash purse!!!

Last Man Standing Slalom Shootout
http://boardstock.com/slalom.html
Clear Lake 2006…. This isn’t your buddy’s private lake or your favorite secret cove. This is open water X-treme slalom skiing, where rollers and white caps are the norm. This year for the first time ever Boardstock 2006 will bring you some of the best slalom skiers from around the world, slayin’ the water at over 60 mph! This is one of the toughest last man standing events ever held and these guys are ready to show you how it’s done! Wimps need not apply.

At the “Inaugural Toyota’s Last Man Standing Slalom Shootout”, 20 of the toughest buoy bashers from around the globe will battle it out for one spot, the cash, and the title of the “Toughest Man in Slalom”. Never before has skiing been presented like this. You won’t want to miss the early morning action, with the best skiers in the world tearin’ up the water behind the custom built Centurion boats.

SCHEDULE:

Friday, Aug 18th
• 8:00 – 10:00 a.m. Preliminary Shootout
(Top 20 riders)

Saturday, Aug 19th
• 8:15 – 9:15 a.m. Head-to-Head Semifinal Shootout
(Top 12 riders from Friday)

Sunday, Aug 20th
• 8:45 – 9:45 a.m. Last Man Standing Finals
(top 8 riders from Sat)

Riders
Chris Parish (World Record Holder)
Jamie Beauchesne
Marcus Brown
Wade Cox
Todd Ristorcelli
Thomas Degasperi
Terry Winter
Chris Rossi
Jason Paredes
Greg Sund
Billy Susi
Steve Cockeram
Nick Parsons
Trent Finlayson
Seth Stisher
Ian Trapp
Erik Kosney
Bret Muhlitner
Matthew Brown
Dana Hinman

Jesus_Freak
08-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Will there be a DVD available from this? I would seriously be interested in seeing this. Anyone want to go and record one for me for $?

BuoyChaser
08-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Will there be a DVD available from this? I would seriously be interested in seeing this. Anyone want to go and record one for me for $?
hmmmm, will the money pay for airfare???southwest tix are cheap from New Hampshire!!!

Jesus_Freak
08-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Well, if the cash included the tickets, then I would probably go myself, right?

BuoyChaser
08-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Well, if the cash included the tickets, then I would probably go myself, right?
i thought you'd walk on water to get there!!!

Jesus_Freak
08-08-2006, 12:20 PM
I am not sure how to take your last posting....I was just trying to say that I would like to see it and would be willing to pay a reasonable DVD, DV, or VHS retail value should someone happen to record it while he/she is there. I assume it won't be televised, but I have not researched the event website.

BuoyChaser
08-08-2006, 12:24 PM
I am not sure how to take your last posting....I was just trying to say that I would like to see it and would be willing to pay a reasonable DVD, DV, or VHS retail value should someone happen to record it while he/she is there. I assume it won't be televised, but I have not researched the event website.
i'm not sure if it is televised either...would be great if someone offered a slalom exclusive footage from every tournament!!!would rock...

rodltg2
08-08-2006, 01:04 PM
i want to go, but all the hotels and camp sites are full.

mitch
08-08-2006, 01:50 PM
i thought you'd walk on water to get there!!!

:D :D :D Good_un!

Jesus_Freak
08-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Yes, clever indeed.

BuoyChaser
08-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Yes, clever indeed.
just razzin' you, with a name like that couldn't let that slide...no disrespect i promise!!!

Ric
08-09-2006, 02:18 PM
markp probably has a lightning bolt smilie for razzin comments of this nature

Jesus_Freak
08-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks BuoyChaser for the follow-up post.

BuoyChaser
08-18-2006, 03:11 PM
is this being publicized online right now, anyone have any reports or video/photos???

3event
08-21-2006, 11:44 AM
UPDATE, short news on usawaterski.org:

U.S. water ski athlete Jamie Beauchesne won the Toyota Last Man Standing Shootout Sunday at the Konocti Harbor Resort in Clear Lake, Calif. Beauchesne scored 3 buoys at 39-1/2 feet off to win the title and $5,000 pay check. U.S. athletes Terry Winter and Wade Cox tied for second with 2-1/2 at 39-1/2 off.

Thomas Degasperi, Erik Kosney and Nick Parsons rounded out the top six placements.

WHAT about CP? No mention. Way to go Wade for Team MC !

http://usawaterski.org/pages/Current%20News/CN2006ToyotaLastManStandingShootout.htm

BuoyChaser
08-21-2006, 12:03 PM

U.S. water ski athlete Jamie Beauchesne won the Toyota Last Man Standing Shootout Sunday at the Konocti Harbor Resort in Clear Lake, Calif. Beauchesne scored 3 buoys at 39-1/2 feet off to win the title and $5,000 pay check. U.S. athletes Terry Winter and Wade Cox tied for second with 2-1/2 at 39-1/2 off.

Thomas Degasperi, Erik Kosney and Nick Parsons rounded out the top six placements.

http://usawaterski.org/pages/Current%20News/CN2006ToyotaLastManStandingShootout.htm

thanks for the update, GO JAMIE!!!

Jesus_Freak
08-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Yes, thank you.

softailcowboy
08-22-2006, 12:36 PM
I was at the shootout and it was interesting. Open water skiing and less than ideal conditions. the slalom event they had an announcer for. the rest of the day no announcer. great air chair demo and the guy did two double flips and landed them but always let go of the rope. No idea who won the wakeboard competion as there was no announcer. Actually a pretty disorganized event

BuoyChaser
08-22-2006, 12:56 PM

some more updates on Chris Rossi site http://forum.skitek.net/viewtopic.php?t=272

softailcowboy
08-22-2006, 02:13 PM
I went and was kind of disappointed at the slowness, and disorganization. went Sunday for the finals. The skiing was tough as it was open water. Jamie Beausche won. At least they had an announcer for the slalom but nothing else. There was a 15 minute skyski demo that was awesome. the guy ended with a double flip and landed but didn't use the rope to land. The wakeboard I couldn't tell ya who won as there was no announcer. What they needed was a stereo blastoff contest for entertainment as there was so much side music going on there would have been some kind of music rythem. when you have a couple of hundred boats and 15-20 playing loud different music it kind of sucks. Konocti should have had their own stereo setup