PDA

View Full Version : Grants???

6ballsisall
08-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Can anyone direct me to a site for Small Business Grants? My wife may be in a position to buy a business and we understand there are quite a few grants out there for women business owners. We did a google search and sure found a lot of junk (Pay me $200 and I'll find you some type of sites) Can anyone tell me where to search???

jeverett
08-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Go to Barns & Nobel and pick up Matthew Lesko's book "Free Money to Change Your Life". It has everything you ever wanted to know about Govt. grants and where to get them, but were afraid to ask. Lesko is the guy with the ??'s all over his crazy suit.

6ballsisall
08-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Go to Barns & Nobel and pick up Matthew Lesko's book "Free Money to Change Your Life". It has everything you ever wanted to know about Govt. grants and where to get them, but were afraid to ask. Lesko is the guy with the ??'s all over his crazy suit.

Ive seen his late night ads but always thought he was nuts. Are you serious that this is GOOD information or just joking about getting that book?

TMCNo1
08-07-2006, 07:14 PM
There are forms from the Small Business Administration in your state and from the Federal Government, that allow you to apply for SBA Loans and Grants. Check the blue section of your telephone book under Local, State, and Fed. offices for the SBA numbers, websites and locations.

jeverett
08-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Ive seen his late night ads but always thought he was nuts. Are you serious that this is GOOD information or just joking about getting that book?

Believe it or not I am serious. He seems nuts but I have the book and it is filled with Govt. grant info. both who and where to submit to and how to even submit to increase your chances of success. Don't let the late night gig fool ya there is some useful info there.

There is a lot of $$ floating around out there for Women and minority owned businesses.

6ballsisall
08-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Believe it or not I am serious. He seems nuts but I have the book and it is filled with Govt. grant info. both who and where to submit to and how to even submit to increase your chances of success. Don't let the late night gig fool ya there is some useful info there.

There is a lot of $$ floating around out there for Women and minority owned businesses.

Sweet!! Thanks!! If it works out she'll owe you a beer or ten. THanks J!!

Leroy
08-07-2006, 08:22 PM
JR; Lesko should be a good source and there should be several small business, women in small business organizations in Cin that may be the great source.

JimN
08-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Look into an organization called S.C.O.R.E. (Service Corps Of Retired Executives). It is what it seems and they offer their information free or for low cost. Go to google and click on the links- the first one I saw had links for funding and minority/women small business owners and entrepreneurs.

LakePirate
08-08-2006, 01:53 PM
The SBA is a good place to start like ol' No1 said. I would also check with a good community bank and the local chamber of commerce as well as any organization that is interested in economic growth.

This should be you http://www.dearborncountychamber.org/ looks like monday would be a good day to take off.

Here is another link that may be helpful

http://www.dearborncountyedi.com/

These organizations are there to help and have pull with the local gov't to help with everything from parking to helping you get business permits.