PDA

View Full Version : Lake DeGray

Bruce Carr
08-07-2006, 02:34 PM
A group of us will be on Degray Lake in Arkansas August 18- 20. We are staying at the Lodge in the State Park.

We will have a wake boat as well as a ski boat and a portable course. Does anyone have any recommendations as where to set up the course out of the way with good water?

It has been several years since I have been there but I seem to remember there was a club and a course on the lake. If anybody is going to be in the area that weekend, give be a heads up and maybe we can meet up.

Farmer Ted
08-07-2006, 02:40 PM
A group of us will be on Degray Lake in Arkansas August 18- 20. We are staying at the Lodge in the State Park.

We will have a wake boat as well as a ski boat and a portable course. Does anyone have any recommendations as where to set up the course out of the way with good water?

It has been several years since I have been there but I seem to remember there was a club and a course on the lake. If anybody is going to be in the area that weekend, give be a heads up and maybe we can meet up.

I've never been to DeGray, Brad might have some info. If it's anything like Greeson it's awesome....

Ric
08-07-2006, 02:51 PM
I went to degray 3 weeks ago

I don't know where you can or cannot setup course and I didnt go much further up the lake (from the dam) past your lodge

There were a couple of coves directly across the big body of the lake from your lodge (past those islands) that would be nice for a course...

we stayed at iron mountain lodge. very nice cabins, long walk to the boat slips but a well kept place for sure.

get your beer etc in hot springs or texarkana because the area around that lake is DRY...

there are a fair amount of wally's tearing it up on the weekends after lunch but weekdays were very very nice on that lake

bradamerry
08-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Been there done that... Lake Greeson is the place for me....

airdrew99
11-22-2006, 10:09 PM
I know this is late, but I ski on Lake Degray with a ski club. We have a course setup out there. The water is usually very smooth.