PDA

View Full Version : Rope and handle recommendation?

Brazos Bum
08-06-2006, 04:10 PM
I finished up a good day with a sunset barefoot run yesterday. Bubba Wally was apparently impressed and cruised by to give me a thumbs up at the end of my run as my son turned around to pick me up. I let out a "son of a beach" as Bubba Wally cut across my good wakeboard line (with barefoot extensions), wrapped it up in his outdrive, and ripped it in half. Bubba was kind enough to coil up his half of the remains and return it to me once he got it unwrapped from the outdrive at the ramp. Fortunately it didn't damage the tower, or whip into the boat and hit someone, but it's time for a new rope.

I'm looking for recommendations on cushy handles and good mainlines.

Thanks,

BB

MarkP
08-06-2006, 05:15 PM
I finished up a good day with a sunset barefoot run yesterday. Bubba Wally was apparently impressed and cruised by to give me a thumbs up at the end of my run as my son turned around to pick me up. I let out a "son of a beach" as Bubba Wally cut across my good wakeboard line (with barefoot extensions), wrapped it up in his outdrive, and ripped it in half. Bubba was kind enough to coil up his half of the remains and return it to me once he got it unwrapped from the outdrive at the ramp. Fortunately it didn't damage the tower, or whip into the boat and hit someone, but it's time for a new rope.

Thanks,

BBBubba Wally Proof. Try this..
http://www.spanamwar.com/SpanishmineControlledMines.jpg

Mikey
08-09-2006, 11:22 AM

Thanks,

BB

It depends on how much you want to spend. For serious wakeboarding you should get something that is non-stretch (spectra or kevlar core). The price range is anywhere from $80 to $200 depending on if you just want the rope or rope/handle combo.

michael freeman
08-09-2006, 01:17 PM

Thanks,

BB

Just curious, did he offer to buy you a new line?

barefoot
08-09-2006, 01:19 PM
I have a dedicated line that I use for barefooting and skiing (no wakeboarding for me). For barefooting, I have two lines…one tak and one spectra line. I really like the spectra line because it has zero stretch and it coils like a wire (i.e., nice and stiff). Tak retails for around $50 and the spectra for about $90. I use two different handles for each line so that’s another $50-70.

For skiing, I have a Straight Line with a tractor handle. I bought a combo line and handle deal for around $90. I had a Wally run over it the other day at the lake. I was able to replace one of the ten foot sections and splice it back together so it wasn’t a loss.

Brazos Bum
08-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Nope, no offer to replace. As he said, "It's only damaged where it broke."

jrhollow
08-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Nope, no offer to replace. As he said, "It's only damaged where it broke."

I would have broke him..........

SteveO
08-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Doug, Your story reminds me of my introduction to the river. For everyone else's enjoyment, we were winding down the day and a couple wallies in an IO came upon the course and tried for about 15 minutes to get a skier up about 20 yards at the end of the course in a direct line to the start gates. I was at the other end of the course just observing and adding my own play by play commentary to our crew as I watched Doug and his driver wait patiently. About 3 beers later, they finally left, but the best comment relayed to our end of the course was that after several attempts, one of the additional delays was do to a " hey wait, I gotta pee". The joys of public water.

P-hat_in_Cincy
08-17-2006, 12:13 PM
We're please with our Accurate A-line mainline.
We have a '06 Hyperlite Murray handle, but it needs warrantied out at end of season (grip coming apart at the seam). For a 'backup' replacement we ordered an '05 Accurate Murray from www.grizzly-sports.com for $55. Although I'm decently pleased with the '06 Murray comfort, I may end up liking our '05 'backup' better. It should arrive this week and if I remember I'll post a comment...or you can PM me.

Here's a picture of the '05 Accurate Murray...
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m163/paulbro/murry_handles.jpg