PDA

View Full Version : approved Barefoot TOW - BOATS 2006

atlfootr
08-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Three competition towboats have been approved to pull athletes in American Barefoot Club-sanctioned tournaments in 2006.
Towboats approved for ABC events in 2006 are:

Gekko GTR-22
Malibu Response LXi

Sanger Barefoot DXII.

barefoot
08-06-2006, 10:43 AM
What’s the criteria they use to approve a boat?

atlfootr
08-07-2006, 08:39 AM
What’s the criteria they use to approve a boat?"The American Barefoot Club conducts its Towboat Evaluations to ensure barefoot water skiers receive optimum conditions at all sanctioned events throughout the United States,” said Steve McDermeit, USA Water Ski’s executive director.
“The towboats undergo rigorous testing in order to meet the standard of excellence set by the ABC."
Members of the ABC’s Towboat Committee, with the assistance of top barefoot water ski athletes, conducted the evaluations.

To have a boat evaluated, a manufacturer must be a USA Water Ski Gold Corporate Member, and a member of the American Water Ski Educational Foundation (AWSEF) and Water Sports Industry Association (WSIA). While successful completion of the towboat evaluations allows a manufacturer to pull tournaments, there also are several other advantages. Private-lake communities continue to be built all over the country. Most developments require any boat used on the lake to be on the USA Water Ski-approved towboat list. Many city and community-owned lakes also only allow USA Water Ski-approved towboats on their waterways. Public and private lake communities have the peace of mind knowing these boats have been put through the most rigorous testing in the industry. Approved towboats also carry more value to marine dealers in terms of marketability.

bradamerry
08-07-2006, 08:58 AM
atlfootr, I hoping to make a trip to the ATL this weekend to pick up a barefoot boat. Maybe we could all meet for lunch, Farmer could make the trip with me.

Farmer Ted
08-07-2006, 09:15 AM
atlfootr, I hoping to make a trip to the ATL this weekend to pick up a barefoot boat. Maybe we could all meet for lunch, Farmer could make the trip with me.

we need to swing by Maryland and get this bad boy!

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/2/85142852.htm

atlfootr
08-07-2006, 10:50 AM
atlfootr, I hoping to make a trip to the ATL this weekend to pick up a barefoot boat. Maybe we could all meet for lunch, Farmer could make the trip with me.Who RU buying it from, I probably know the guy.

bradamerry
08-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Who RU buying it from, I probably know the guy.
I will PM it too you..