PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo, Shangai, Hong Kong, Shenzhen

Leroy
08-05-2006, 09:16 AM
I'll be in the following cities over the next week. Anyone able to give a pull?

:D

Leroy
08-07-2006, 12:59 PM
OK, no MC's in Tokyo, looking around Shanghai tomorrow! Man do I forget how big Tokyo is, like 30M people!

MarkP
08-07-2006, 01:33 PM
I'll be in the following cities over the next week. Anyone able to give a pull?

:D
Donít Be A Showoff!!!
You know we loose members because of this stuff :mad:

Leroy
08-07-2006, 01:43 PM
You never know when someone like Tex or ?? will be able to tell me about a show place over here or some great boating place to see. Like i have time to go sight seeing!

So you mean me posting this sends people off the deep end??

MarkP
08-07-2006, 02:00 PM
You never know when someone like Tex or ?? will be able to tell me about a show place over here or some great boating place to see. Like i have time to go sight seeing!

So you mean me posting this sends people off the deep end??
All I have to say is ďitís a bold moveĒ! Just remember that. You know what can happen.
BTW: I enjoy hearing about things like this from members of our little club..

CoFooter
08-07-2006, 03:50 PM
I've skiied in Hong Kong one time on a buisness trip. Deepwater Bay or Repulse Bay, can't remenber which but there right next to each other on Hong Kong Island. Tehres a water sports club that can take care of you to ski or wakeboard. No course, its in the ocean (bay) and watch out for sharks. It cool to say you skiied in Hong Kong. If you end up in Singapore, theres a course on the Kallang River with a ski club you can get to pull you. Let me know if you want the contact info. Shanghai should have something but I couldn't tell you as I have never looked. I think Tokyo may have something out by Tokyo Disneyland.

Jesus_Freak
08-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Let us know what you are doing...especially if you end up skiing a course in Tokyo Disneyland. I bet you forgot your ski .?.?.?

CoFooter
08-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Leroy, duck and cover - typhoon coming your way.........

Jesus_Freak
08-12-2006, 12:35 AM
He is already safely back with us.

Leroy
08-12-2006, 03:54 AM
I arrived back late Thursday, double Thursday where I left HK 9AM THursday through Tokyo, into San Fran where the attempted liquid bomber stuff made a mess of security lines but it worked out. 24 hours on planes, 12 time difference and arrive same day. All day meetings each day, Tokyo Monday, Shanghai Tuesday and Shenzhen Wednesday, fly out Thursday AM!

Thanks cofooter, this trip was packed maybe another trip with little more time. HK would be great place to ski as it is so beautiful. Did see Tokyo Disney from the road....Tokyou is so expensive, our one meal I took the cheapest item was $110 for the meal.

SHanghai was most incredible. Did you know they have built over 3000 skyscrapers in the past 5 years? 16 million registered residents and 16 million unregistered. Big beautiful buildings as far as you can see in any direction and always 10-20 more under construction. Rode the 500KPH Maglev to airport but it only got up to 300KPH, still pretty fast.

I was asking about the Typhoon Wednesday and no one in the office knew anything about it! On weather map I could see 3 hitting China and one was very large. Luckily I got out day earlier.

Jesus_Freak
08-12-2006, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the info, and we are glad you made it. That is staggering about the # of skyscrapers built.

I spent a few days in Japan once in the last few years. Yes, long days indeed and high bills. Were you there and traveling long enough to get your body used to a different time zone?