PDA

View Full Version : Talladega Nights

bradamerry
08-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Brandy and I just got back from seeing the movie... Funny as he!!, but like all Will movies, dumb.. Worth the $15.00 for us.:D

Maristar210
08-04-2006, 11:54 PM
Brandy and I just got back from seeing the movie... Funny as he!!, but like all Will movies, dumb.. Worth the $15.00 for us.:D
\

I'm on fire, I am burning!!!!

bradamerry
08-04-2006, 11:56 PM
\

I'm on fire, I am burning!!!!
Don't stick that knife in your leg!!!!!!!!!!

Ric
08-05-2006, 02:20 AM
funny as old school?

bradamerry
08-05-2006, 08:32 AM
funny as old school?
no...........................

dapicatti
08-05-2006, 02:19 PM
I can't wait to see it....something about I am on fire cracks me up

Ric
08-05-2006, 02:39 PM
I will see it but I hope there is plenty more funny than the stuff we saw on previews like the knife in the leg and the Im on fire bit screaming tom cruise

bradamerry
08-05-2006, 03:29 PM
I will see it but I hope there is plenty more funny than the stuff we saw on previews like the knife in the leg and the Im on fire bit screaming tom cruise
cut around it, cut around it!!!!!!!:D

sassydog
08-05-2006, 05:01 PM
let's try to pry it out with another knife!

east tx skier
08-06-2006, 11:51 AM

According to a radio talk show I listen to out of Dallas, the measure of a decent comedy is that all the good bits not be stuffed into the preview. According to them, that was not the case with this one. They ranked it as "pretty good."

wakebroad
08-06-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm going to see it today! I love Will Ferrell!

Faded & X9-Rated
08-06-2006, 02:07 PM
I piss excellence..

chudson
08-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Went to "The Brickyard" was disappointed he wasn't there. Great race the last 15 laps, Jr. pulled a smooth move. May not have been a winner but he sure made it excieting.

Ric
01-18-2007, 11:29 AM
According to a radio talk show I listen to out of Dallas, the measure of a decent comedy is that all the good bits not be stuffed into the preview. According to them, that was not the case with this one. They ranked it as "pretty good." agreed
I finally watched this classic:o
I felt like they did actually stuff most, if not all the good bits into the previews.

There were some funny parts and spoofing days of thunder and even a small bit of spoofing green mile is good but Will farrell has set the funny bar so high that even he couldn't make this movie "really funny" .

of course, I am not normal
I thought will's cameo in wedding crashers was funnier than the entire talladega nights movie

Mikey
01-18-2007, 12:38 PM
I thought it had its funny moments but it was however way over rated.

bcampbe7
01-18-2007, 01:35 PM
I thought it had its funny moments but it was however way over rated.

x2

That's what I get for listening to the hype. :D

Granite_33
01-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Glad I rented it at Blockbuster.

Too many scenes where I was saying to myself.........."OK, thats enough, move on to the next scene"

Ric
01-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Mom! The mealoaf! F___!!!!

shepherd
01-18-2007, 02:10 PM
"If we wanted two wussies, we would have named them Dr. Quinn and Medicine Woman!"

ski_king
01-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Dear Lord baby Jesus, or as our brothers in the south call you,jesuz, we thank you so much for this bountiful harvest of Dominos, KFC, and the always delicious Taco Bell. I just want to take time to say thank you for my family. My two beautiful, beautiful, handsome stricking sons, Walker, and Texas Ranger, or TR as we call him. And of course my red hot smokin' wife Carley, who is a stone cold fox.
. .

lake
01-18-2007, 02:59 PM
I want prune candy!

shepherd
01-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Doing a TV commercial: "I'm Ricky Bobby. If you don't chew Big Red, then f@$# you."

kycat2007
01-19-2007, 12:45 AM
“Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft to get the fire off me!”

MYMC
01-19-2007, 10:29 AM
"98% of people will die sometime in their lives"

mitch
01-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Is it worth renting? I have not talked to one person who liked it. One of my buddies could not even finish the movie, and he's a big Will fan.....

MYMC
01-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Is it worth renting? I have not talked to one person who liked it. One of my buddies could not even finish the movie, and he's a big Will fan.....
I love the movie, there are a couple places that drag but I watch it all the time. The movie is a lot closer to the real NASCAR than most would care to believe.

shepherd
01-19-2007, 02:44 PM
I love the movie, there are a couple places that drag but I watch it all the time. The movie is a lot closer to the real NASCAR than most would care to believe.

I love it too and would watch it again in a second. But my buddy made a point to call me the other day to cuss me out for recommending it to him. He's not a NASCAR fan at all, so maybe that's it... I told him he's an idiot of course. :cool:

kycat2007
01-19-2007, 03:33 PM
I was told it was on the level of Wedding Crashers and I have to arguee that it is not that good. Yea it has its moments but pretty silly for the most part.

Ric
01-19-2007, 03:43 PM
I love the movie, there are a couple places that drag but I watch it all the time. The movie is a lot closer to the real NASCAR than most would care to believe. I actually tend to believe that. Maybe it's funnier if you know people in that world......

Funny as wedding crashers? no

shepherd
01-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Funny as wedding crashers? no

Well, the ladies do tend to like those romantic comedies better. :D ;)

I can say I laughed out loud a lot more watching Ricky Bobby than I did with Wedding Crashers. Shows my level of maturity, huh? :rolleyes:

MYMC
01-19-2007, 05:55 PM

I can say I laughed out loud a lot more watching Ricky Bobby than I did with Wedding Crashers. Shows my level of maturity, huh? :rolleyes:
Thats two of us.

Ric
01-19-2007, 06:02 PM

I can say I laughed out loud a lot more watching Ricky Bobby than I did with Wedding Crashers. Shows my level of maturity, huh? :rolleyes: I can say I just laughed out loud at this post! Thank youuuuuuu!

kycat2007
01-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Susan: Well, Ricky Bobby is not a thinker. Ricky Bobby is a driver. He is a do-er, and that's what you need to do. You don't need to think. You need to drive. You need speed. You need to go out there, and you need to rev your engine. You need to fire it up. You need to grab ahold of that line between speed and chaos, and you need to wrestle it to the ground like a demon cobra. And then, when the fear rises up in your belly, you use it. And you know that fear is powerful, because it has been there for billions of years! And it is good! And you use it! And you ride it; you ride it like a skeleton horse through the gates of hell, and then you win, Ricky! You WIN! And you don't win for anybody else. You win for you, you know why? Because a man takes what he wants. He takes it all. And you're a man, aren't you? Aren't you?!
Ricky: Susan, I've never heard you talk like that... Are we about to get it on? Because I'm as hard as a diamond in an ice storm right now.

kycat2007
01-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Ricky Bobby: What has France ever given America, huh?
Jean Girrard: We invented democracy, existentialism , and the Ménage à trois.
Cal Naughton Jr: Those are three pretty good things, Ricky. Especially that last one

shepherd
01-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Ricky Bobby: Nobody plays jazz at the Pit Stop!

Jean Girard: Then why is the song on the jukebox?

Bartender: We use it for profiling purposes. We also have the Pet Shop Boys and Seal.

P-hat_in_Cincy
01-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Wife and I watched it and Beerfest in the same night. Beerfest prompted more laughter from MY WIFE and myself. Make sure to watch the out-takes on both!