PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help?

hacker
08-04-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm looking for some help with my slalom! Please take a look at this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5IVzMTOKZ0
Problems I see; I'm reaching forward instead of to the side, shoulders going forward at the wake, running late(!), I'm sure there is more. The trouble is, I know some of the things I'm doing wrong, but I don't know how to stop. While I'm skiing, I feel as though I'm working on correcting these things. Then I look at video and realize there is no improvement. Any ideas? Thanks!

bcampbe7
08-04-2006, 04:40 PM
I am by no means accredited to give slalom tips, but...

Hang with me as this is just a spew of conciousness:D

When I was helping my brother-in-law get his golf swing in check we videoed his swing. He was going way past parallel on his backswing so we wanted to try to correct that. He would try to get his backswing back to parallel but just couldn't. He felt like he was swinging less but the video showed that he wasn't. It wasn't until he felt like he was swinging at about 1/2 backswing that he was at parallel.

My point being is that if you feel like you are getting your body into the correct position but aren't, maybe try exagerating the correct position. This may put you into the correct position.

Again, I could be way off but it couldn't hurt anything...right?:)

Brent
08-04-2006, 10:19 PM
You could make your turn in for the gate more progressive & hang on to the handle longer going to the ball . Video is good if you use it sparingly .
My ski couch has a standard line " SHUT UP & SKI" . The more you ski the better you will get . the best tool for improvement is a couple of knowledgeable ski buddies in the boat to give little suggestions & lots encouragement!

With Water skiing it's all good!