PDA

View Full Version : "analog” speedometer pegs

Bob B
08-04-2006, 12:13 PM
My 2002 Prostar 197 “analog” speedometer jumps to max speed when
I shift into fwd. It gets its signal from the perfect pass paddle wheel.
The perfect pass display is working ok.
Ant ideas on how I can correct this?

Thanks
Bob B

Bob B
06-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Update: 6-3-07
Broken wire goes to paddle wheel (See Photo)
I talked to "Perfect Pass”, they said wiring belongs to MasterCraft.
Have tried to E-mail home office of MasterCraft, etc. Guess you can only solve problems going to a Dealer.
But there is not a dealer in my town anymore.
Talked to the closest dealer (200 miles) away. “Make an appointment for “Aug” and bring it in.
Should this wire connect to the plug?
http://www.pbase.com/image/79880617.jpg

bigmac
06-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Update: 6-3-07
Broken wire goes to paddle wheel (See Photo)
I talked to "Perfect Pass”, they said wiring belongs to MasterCraft.
Have tried to E-mail home office of MasterCraft, etc. Guess you can only solve problems going to a Dealer.
But there is not a dealer in my town anymore.
Talked to the closest dealer (200 miles) away. “Make an appointment for “Aug” and bring it in.
Should this wire connect to the plug?
http://www.pbase.com/image/79880617.jpg

I would guess "yes". Did you try hooking it back up yet?

Bob B
06-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Don't know where to reconnect.

Only 4 connections in socket.

Bob B

PendO
06-23-2007, 11:00 PM
so, can someone with the same model year help this guy out and take a picture of the wiring harness so that he can see where the white wire goes?

Don't know where to reconnect.

Only 4 connections in socket.

Bob B

bigmac
06-24-2007, 09:51 AM
I'd love to help him, but my boat is 2 model-years newer and a V-drive...therefore relating wiring colors and/or harness routing might cause him more trouble than it solves. Additionally, the picture only shows a close-up of a connector - I have no idea where it is in relation to the rest of his boat.

mitch
06-24-2007, 10:31 AM
More pics Bob, someone will help ya

PendO
06-24-2007, 12:15 PM
my neighbor at the lake has your same boat, I will try and take a picture of it, but I need to know where I am looking ... can you take a larger picture so I don't crawl around his boat a bunch ... also, I would think your old dealer could still order parts from mc or you could just take your boat to a regular auto repair shop and have them put a new wiring harness end on (if that is what you end up needing to do) and order the part from one of the 3 dealers who post on here often

Bob B
06-24-2007, 12:19 PM
I'd love to help him, but my boat is 2 model-years newer and a V-drive...therefore relating wiring colors and/or harness routing might cause him more trouble than it solves. Additionally, the picture only shows a close-up of a connector - I have no idea where it is in relation to the rest of his boat.

The conector is to the paddle wheel. (just above the unit that goes thru the hull.)

Bob B

PendO
06-24-2007, 12:23 PM
The conector is to the paddle wheel. (just above the unit that goes thru the hull.)

Bob B

so, it is in the bilge area??? Underneath the engine (directlly underneath, forward of the engine, or behind the engine) ???

bigmac
06-24-2007, 12:25 PM

Bob B

So, it's within several inches of the paddlewheel unit?

Bob B
06-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Yes, it is the connector that plugs into the paddle wheel.
The white wire is on the Mastercraft side.

Bob B