PDA

View Full Version : Had a little run-in with my swim platform

MJDore
11-08-2004, 10:03 AM
I have a 94 PS205 and I was removing the swim platform to work on this winter. One of the spring-loaded pins that holds it in place broke in the process. Anyone know where I can get one of these? They are odd looking pins and I'm not sure I've ever seen one before. They seem to be pretty fragile.

I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Thrall
11-08-2004, 10:14 AM
If not from the MC dealer, I'm sure they're a pretty common item to lose, then I'd try a hardware/fastener store that specializes in bolts,fasteners, etc.

Rockman
11-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Call down to Rambo Marine. My buddy ordered a bunch of them for his 94 PS190.

They should be able to hook you up.

jpattigr
11-08-2004, 12:09 PM
I got tired of these spring loaded clips with the springs following off and they are not that easy to use after a while.
Switched to D clips that were big enough to fit over bracket then clip. Works great and can buy them anywhere, Home Depot etc.

jimmer2880
11-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Mine work great.... - or they did till last summer when I lost a set. But - I got new ones from west marine. Never had problems with the spring coming off, etc. I wonder if yours were missing something? They work so well, I use them on my rigid bimini support poles.

Ron Grover
11-08-2004, 03:47 PM
Check with Mastercraft Dealer. I bought a package last year. Lost one. They came in a package with 2 clips. Fairly cheap, I think it is the only MC part that is cheap. LOL