PDA

View Full Version : There is a lump in my storage

Ric
08-03-2006, 01:53 PM
I will post pics in a bit, but my 05 197 rear storage compartment floor isn't really flat.

The floor is just wedged in the compartment (no fasteners) so I raised it before a recent trip and looked around the fuel tank compartment for causes..

The fuel line, wrapped in an orange rubber material, appears that it's supposed to run thru an indention in the top of the fuel tank as it makes it's way across the top of the tank and down under the backseat into the bilge...

Mine was kinda laying on the top of the fuel tank, which bulged the compartment floor ALOT, and I manuevered the line back down into the gap.

The next two times I was at a gas station, the boat was really hard to fill. I wonder if the line is or is not supposed to lay down in this gap or if mine is doomed to a life of lumpy compartmentness.

Ric
08-10-2006, 08:51 AM
here are a couple of pics

Ric
08-10-2006, 08:52 AM
there seems to be a groove or channel in the tank molding that is not being used here.

Ric
08-10-2006, 08:53 AM
anyone know if I can simply re-bracket the orange line to let it run where it is supposed to run without causing fill or vent problems?

ntidsl
08-10-2006, 09:00 AM
mines the same way...i wiggled the hose in the channel but it didnt help much...through time though my hump either went away or I dont notice it anymore...how much fun is getting that floor back in when you take it out...none...

Mag_Red
08-10-2006, 09:06 AM
Why did I think of the song by Black Eyed Peas come to mind after reading about Ric's Lump???:D

Tap
08-10-2006, 09:08 AM
I have the same model, same problem, I fought it for an hour only come up with possibly moving the tie down to a location inside the channel. Then I began to second guess drilling into a gas tank. Maybe a longer piece of strapping to allow it sit more in the channel??

Like Ntidsl says, it is a pain to get to it and so I don't fight it anymore.

Farmer Ted
08-10-2006, 09:10 AM
anyone know if I can simply re-bracket the orange line to let it run where it is supposed to run without causing fill or vent problems?

Ric,

you could take that adel clamp off and turn it over and reattach it.
then the fuel line will be a more flush than the way it is now.

ntidsl
08-10-2006, 09:24 AM
right those clamps are help down with machine screws...they arent tapped right into the plastic so flipping them is the remedy and I was sure when the dealer replaced my fuel pump he put the line in the channel...the hump is still there slightly...I just wouldnt worry about it...but about that trailer!!!!!!

ntidsl
08-10-2006, 09:25 AM
hey ric...upon review of your pics...do you ever use that locker????

Ric
08-10-2006, 10:25 AM
I will try that farmer. I am betting there are larger versions of those clamps which may be malleable and I could shape them around the orange line while making them force the orange line to stay in the channel.

Ric
08-10-2006, 10:26 AM
hey ric...upon review of your pics...do you ever use that locker???? well ya, that is where the dog rides!