PDA

View Full Version : Shaker!

M-Funf
08-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Dang it shook pretty good up here...4.4 magnitude is what we heard.

Any of you other Nor Cal people feel that last night?

We had a few pictures come down, and it spilled my martini :rant:

Fortunately our house has gone through some bigger ones, including the 1906...and survived...

rodltg2
08-03-2006, 12:02 PM
4.4... i dont feel anything below 6 :uglyhamme

quincyfirefighter
08-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Didn't feel a thing here :confused: Didn't know about it intill I saw the news this morning

tex
08-03-2006, 07:58 PM
...but how's your shaker?

P-Rod
08-03-2006, 08:16 PM
I live in the East Bay and the house is sitting atop the Hayward Fault, we tend to ignore "Shakers" of this size. In addition, with all of the upgrade building codes in California as well as the shear paneling, seismic tie-downs and bracing throughout the house, we generally don't feel them at this size.

Anyways, it is always exciting and gets your heart rate up a bit when you do feel them.

tex
08-03-2006, 08:22 PM
We would get shakers in San Diego and everyone in the house would freak out. I just explained that I came from Texas and until I saw chit flying through the air...I would just remain calm.

quincyfirefighter
08-04-2006, 09:47 AM
P-Rod nice looking boat you have there man. :headbang: Welcome aboard.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-04-2006, 10:26 AM
I hope it didnt shake any amps at the Mesa/boogie factory! They are in Petaluma too M Funf.

M-Funf
08-04-2006, 11:17 AM
...but how's your shaker?

The shaker came through it unscathed...thanks for asking...:D I'll be using it later today.

We normally ignore anything under a 5 as well, but this was the first one we've had since buying the new house 2 years ago. It's bolted down, but I had to remove the shear walls in the basement to spray for termites and haven't been able to put them back yet, so I was just a bit concerned...

P-Rod
08-04-2006, 12:44 PM
P-Rod nice looking boat you have there man. :headbang: Welcome aboard.

Quincyfirefighter,

I apologize in advance for the threadjack.

Thanks, we have enjoyed the boat and works great for our needs. I just returned from a week at Lake Almanor, which is in your area. This was the first time at this lake and I enjoyed the area. The weather was great, water was perfect and the views were incredible. What a lake!!! Do you ski there at all?

M-Funf
08-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Quincyfirefighter,

I apologize in advance for the threadjack.

Thanks, we have enjoyed the boat and works great for our needs. I just returned from a week at Lake Al*******, which is in your area. This was the first time at this lake and I enjoyed the area. The weather was great, water was perfect and the views were incredible. What a lake!!! Do you ski there at all?

SHhhhhhhhh...Don't tell anybody about the A****** place :noface: ;)

I believe that Quincy goes there. I used to go there every year for 2-3 weeks, but I haven't been up there in a looooooonnng time...

Where are you in the bay area? Where do you ski?

P-Rod
08-04-2006, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE=M-Funf]SHhhhhhhhh...Don't tell anybody about the A****** place :noface: ;)

M-Funf,

Funny you said that as I debated about writing the name of the lake prior to posting the message. The lake was awesome. We enjoyed ourselves so much that on Monday, we confirmed a reservation for next summer.

I live in Newark (Fremont) and we ski at various lakes throughout the summer (Don Pedro, Camanche, New Hogan and occasionally the Delta).

My wifes family is from Petaluma and she keeps pushing me to try lakes in your area Lake Sonoma, Berryessa (Spelling???). How about you, where is your ski locations?

M-Funf
08-04-2006, 01:46 PM
My wifes family is from Petaluma and she keeps pushing me to try lakes in your area Lake Sonoma, Berryessa (Spelling???). How about you, where is your ski locations?

Sonoma is nice, but crowded if you go on weekends. Weekdays are best for skiing. They do have some nice boat-in campgrounds up the arms of the lake...

Berryessa is better (in my opinion), but can also get crowded on the weekends. There is a club on the lake with a course. X2momma spends more time at Berry than anybody else here, I think.

I have yet to find a private ski lake north of the GGB :(

Most of my skiing is at Sonoma because it's close, or the Delta because you can always find flat water...

Send me a PM if you ever head up to Sonoma and need a third :D Either that or I can bring my boat up as well :steering: