PDA

View Full Version : Cutter SS prop

xsvfooter
08-02-2006, 04:28 PM
I currently have a 13x14 OJ four blade and an ACME 431 three blade for my TriStar 190 w/454. I primarily foot and love the holeshot and holding power of the OJ. My problem is my boat is on an extremely shallow river and I often skim sand and occasionally gravel. The Nibral props take a beating and I'm keeping the ACME off the river, just lake use. I'm getting tired of sending my prop out for repairs. I had the oem Stainless prop on it, but it's a terrible prop. My brother's Malibu Sunsetter runs a stainless three blade and he never gets the nicks and dings the nibral props have.

Has anyone run the cutter SS four blade? Is it worth buying?

pilot02
08-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Doesn't OJ have a SS now?

I've got a cutter 3-blade and it's ok but nothing spectacular.

butter
08-02-2006, 08:22 PM
I currently run a 14x18 Cutter SS 4-blade, and it seems to be serviceable. However, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of an ACME, and expect it to run much smoother, based on the feedback I've read here, and elsewhere.

scott88prostar
08-04-2006, 08:37 AM
XSV , I lived on the river you need 3 props, one on the boat , one to replace the one on the boat, and one in the repair shop. I'd be careful with a SS prop in the river.

ntidsl
08-04-2006, 08:50 AM
wow...thats crazy...I'd be grey or bald by now...that river seems dangerous...is that the only place to ski?

erkoehler
08-04-2006, 10:01 AM
I currently have a 13x14 OJ four blade and an ACME 431 three blade for my TriStar 190 w/454. I primarily foot and love the holeshot and holding power of the OJ. My problem is my boat is on an extremely shallow river and I often skim sand and occasionally gravel. The Nibral props take a beating and I'm keeping the ACME off the river, just lake use. I'm getting tired of sending my prop out for repairs. I had the oem Stainless prop on it, but it's a terrible prop. My brother's Malibu Sunsetter runs a stainless three blade and he never gets the nicks and dings the nibral props have.

Has anyone run the cutter SS four blade? Is it worth buying?

Great foot'n with you last night. I'll make some calls and ask some people what prop is good for your boat in Stainless.

erkoehler
08-04-2006, 10:02 AM
wow...thats crazy...I'd be grey or bald by now...that river seems dangerous...is that the only place to ski?

Good water 99% of the time......Once you learn the river it gets better, but you always have to be on your toes.

xsvfooter
08-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Nice meeting you guys. Between the river water and a couple of beers at McNally's my sinuses are going to explode this morning.

Your driving for the back deeps was perfect...too bad I couldn't actually stand up!

ntidsl, yea it's shallow. I've banged my head on the bottom during a nasty slalom wipeout. I've been skiing on it for 20 years so I know my way around it. The sand bar that cuts across the river has been getting bigger over the last couple of winters. When the water is low, I touch some sand if I don't hit the channel on plane. The other day I was pulling my son at kneeboard speed. Instead of turning at the sand bar and going back up river I went though the channel...ground up some sand.

xsvfooter
08-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Back on topic -

I spoke with Eric at OJ yesterday. Currently no plans for a SS cnc'd prop. I asked about the Cutter. Sore subject. Apparently the cutter is a copy of their prop that is made in China. I hate to support a company doing a knockoff, but if it's the only SS game in town for my boat then I need to go that route.

JDK
08-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Apparently the cutter is a copy of their prop that is made in China.

If this is true, don't pay any more than 1/3 of the OJ price for it.