PDA

View Full Version : Wiring problem on 240sc

240sc
08-01-2006, 12:42 PM
I have a 240sc that I pulled the dash off to repair. When I did, I inadvertently pulled some wires loose from the board for the warning sensors and the warning lights. I think I have most of it put back correctly, but I cannot get all of my gauges to work now. I have a tan wire with a lite blue stripe (which should be the transmission temperature sender), and when I connect that with the purple power wire my fuel gauge and oil pressure gauge work, but not the tach or the voltmeter. When I hook the purple to the purple going to the gauges, the tach and voltmeter work, but the fuel gauge and oil pressure gauge peg out. I assume I have a ground screwed up somewhere. I was wondering if anyone knew how the board and warning lights were supposed to be wired up.

Thanks

Matt L.
08-11-2006, 01:02 AM
As you can see 240sc owners get little love. Just because no one else has ever even seen one much less knows squat about them.

I'll be working on mine this weekend, I'll pull the lower access panel and see if I can look at those areas. I've got some stereo issues i need to address anyway.

How long have you had yours? I've had mine since Feb 2000. Is yours a 25th Anniversary edition. I was told a long time ago that they only made 25 240SCs in 1993. Mine is a 1990 and we love it.

Later,

Matt

wesgardner
08-11-2006, 12:45 PM
I've got a 240, non sc...everything's working at the moment...

CaptCurt72
08-11-2006, 01:46 PM
I have a 1992 240SC, and worked on the wiring last weekend, but I'm not sure where this board is. I will be glad to take a picture or get a wiring diagram from mine if you tell me where it's at.

You can email me directly at tennisccombs@yahoo.com.

ski_king
08-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Wow, there are 4 of you that have this big boat!
How is the wakeboard wake behind it?
I won't ask about the slalom wake.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=105804&postcount=59

MCPS205
08-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Check out the Correctcraftfan.com site. There are some dash wiring schematics posted on there. Alot of the color coding is the same on all boats as an industry standard. Good luck.

MCPS205
08-11-2006, 01:57 PM
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/Downloads/1986_Dash.pdf

Matt L.
08-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Ski_King,

Mine throws a huge wake with a perfect lip and nice curl at wakeboard speeds. Bump it up to ski speeds and there is a real nice flat spot that only requires a bit of rope length adjustments to find.

Everyone in our boating circles loves our 240.

Matt

wesgardner
08-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Here's a pic of our surf wake and a not great wake jump...suffice it to say with ballast full (3000 lbs.) and eight people, the wake is just awesome...your gas milage will however, suck...tantrums, backrolls, scarecrows, 911's, raleys, wrapped KGB's, frontrolls, 3's, 5's - no problem, you'll not need a bigger wake

Matt L.
08-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Winterized and put in storage. Football runs till November and kills the weekends. Pulled the carb to rebuild, sundeck, and backseat to get a fee panels replaced due to a mouse chewing them up. Also pulled the swim platform to repair where that bastard chewed clean through a board. Then oil and seal. also pulled the cuddy cushions to get recovered due to the mouse. If it had been a packrat my wiring would have been toast!

So now it sits all bundled up under a tarp and a cover until the spring.

Wes, Where did you locate your fatsacks?

Matt

wesgardner
08-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Matt,

I've got two 600's in the ski locker and two 700's in the "trunk" and a 400 up in the bow...the system is filled with 4 Tsunami 1200's thru a 2" manifold and fills in about 3 minutes...for surfing we just fill one of the stern 700's and get a bunch of peeps on that side...

240sc
09-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the replies, I have obviously been away for awhile. I think I fixed it. Well everything seems to work ok, except for the speedo. Anyone know where to find a new pickup for the 240. Mine is the one that is centered under the boat, next to the drain plug, not the typical set up on the stern.

I have had this boat for about 5 year now and it is a 25 anniversary boat. Love the boat, and only have a few things left to fix. The wakes on this boat are surprising. At trick and wakeboard speeds they are huge, even without extra people or fat sacks, and at slalom speeds (34 - 36) they are a little smaller than an older model Nautique. I have actually skied the course at shortline and didn't notice the wakes or any rooster tail. People cringe when they see it barreling down on a slalom course. They expect to see bouys flying when I come out the other end. I don't think it would make the cut on a private ski lake. Probably end up in somebody's yard.

Getting ready to buy a 197, but I think I will keep the 240

wesgardner
09-14-2006, 09:16 AM
My speedo magically fixed itself this year...I did paint the bottom as I'm in brackish and I assume the yard that did the work was competent and cleaned the pick-up and got it working.

Is your thru hull pick up damaged?

240sc
09-14-2006, 12:03 PM
Not it is not damaged, it is just extemely slow to react. I have tried to clean it out, but it doesn't seem to help.