This guy did:

El Jeffe
07-31-2006, 07:38 PM
How do you find a good head hunter??

What field are you interested in...

M-Funf
07-31-2006, 07:43 PM

Yeah, it would be helpful to know this...

But, MRI does placement in all types of fields...so you may want to check them out...
MRI (http://www.mrinetwork.com/)

barefoot
08-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Sometimes you'll find some good recruiters at your trade organization meetings. They are always looking to connect with good, qualified candidates so they need to be where you are. Think about it this way...they make money off placing you into a company. The more skilled and unique your qualifications are, the more they will want to work with you so that they can make money.

Or why not do a little self marketing on your own? Most of the 'good' jobs in the market are the positions you don't hear about. They are the positions that might be an impending vacancy or maybe one in which they are modifying the duties. Develop a target list of company’s you want to work for…then talk to your network of people (professional associations, neighbors, bankers, consultants, lawyers, colleges, doctors, etc) and find out who works at those companies, get the name of the manager, and send the manager a personal letter with your resume. Put in your letter that you will follow up on XX day and at YY time and do it. Ideally, try to connect with the manager that can make the hiring decision.

Maristar210
08-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Oooh... Gene is not going to like this thread guys.....

I could help if you are interested in the manufacturing field. Please advise.....

Stevee

6ballsisall
08-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Head Hunters are ok. They can work. Don't get your hopes up to much when you have a few phone conversations with them. A big part of thier job is to talk to ALOT of people every day. Wait until you get a formal interview with the perspective employer before you start getting excited about what a HH can do for you

MarkP
08-01-2006, 11:41 AM
I’ve been thinking about shopping my wife around in different markets a little.
She is the manager of a cardiac unit at a large hospital. Just now starting back for her masters. But she was sad to leave vacation and I think she would be happier living on the water in NC or some place south of PA..
And to be honest I think being a stay at home dad living on the water would be “ok“..

Leroy
08-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Trying to find your wife a better job?

I've found if you want to find the best job and are willing to move HH's are good. If you are looking for another job in the same area you live their value is limited.

MarkP
08-01-2006, 11:43 AM
This guy did:
I don’t think that guy looks prepared to offer any help..

barefoot
08-01-2006, 12:04 PM
She should have no trouble finding a postition. She could probably walk into the hospital and they would conduct an interview with her on the spot...

LakePirate
08-01-2006, 12:17 PM
As I am in the endless job search, I have found that a lot of HeadHunters are not willing to really do anything for you if you are not living in the area that they have jobs in. Apparently, a lot of people have burned them by interviewing and getting jobs out of town and using it as leverage against their current company and leaving the recruiter holding the bag. I know that I have been getting a lot more action on my resume since putting Atlanta on it vs. Macon. Employers don't want to pay for the re-lo anymore.

The medical field could be different and as mentioned before, specialized abilities will help to off set the non local issue.

Ric
08-01-2006, 12:19 PM
put in a quick call to the producers of the brady bunch or gilligans island... They always found head hunters on those shows.

6ballsisall
08-01-2006, 12:20 PM
As I am in the endless job search, I have found that a lot of HeadHunters are not willing to really do anything for you if you are not living in the area that they have jobs in. Apparently, a lot of people have burned them by interviewing and getting jobs out of town and using it as leverage against their current company and leaving the recruiter holding the bag. I know that I have been getting a lot more action on my resume since putting Atlanta on it vs. Macon. Employers don't want to pay for the re-lo anymore.

The medical field could be different and as mentioned before, specialized abilities will help to off set the non local issue.

TRU DAT! I have been burned as the employer on similar type gigs. You are correct, employers are much more leary of these things and relocating people that are new to the organization is a bit of a gamble.

Being your wife is in the healthcare biz she shouldn't have much of a problem finding a good position anywhere she goes.

MarkP
08-01-2006, 12:30 PM
I’m not really a big fan of head hunters but being that she would be looking for a director position out of town I thought the first thing to do would be to talk to a few head hunters and get a feel for what they could offer.

LakePirate
08-01-2006, 12:36 PM
P-Daddy are you looking for like salary ranges and benefits packages or areas where they have open positions?

MarkP
08-01-2006, 12:59 PM
I think both would be important.
Obviously an organization in need of personnel with her particular area of expertise would be Ideal/necessary. So a parallel move, until she completes her masters is about what we could expect

Leroy
08-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Mark; If you know where you want to live then do the searching yourself. I don't believe there are any posting that headhunters have that you will not see either on the company "career's" section, the local paper, or hundredkjobs.com.

On a TJ, the site just changed dramatically and to the positive!

MarkP
08-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Mark; If you know where you want to live then do the searching yourself. I don't believe there are any posting that headhunters have that you will not see either on the company "career's" section, the local paper, or hundredkjobs.com.

On a TJ, the site just changed dramatically and to the positive!Good thought Leroy.
And to continue the jack, I see that!! I guess we’ll have to go over to the wT f happened thread to find out wT f happened!!
I do so love to be Off Topic…

bcampbe7
08-01-2006, 01:15 PM
There are 3 hopitals within 30 minutes of that lake I was telling you about.;)

MarkP
08-01-2006, 01:21 PM
You looking for a ski partner AT LEAST once a week.

bcampbe7
08-01-2006, 01:25 PM
You looking for a ski partner AT LEAST once a week.

Maybe....:)

east tx skier
08-01-2006, 01:33 PM

Move to Texas. Real estate is cheap. Lots of lakes. Some even have water in them. Which ones is a secret.

BuoyChaser
08-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Anyone have any New England to Ohio "Sales" or "Marketing" positions available...would love to be able to continue living here in New England (Boston area) work at home, but on occassion travel to/from Ohio (Akron area)...

WORK FROM HOME is key!!!